Genin Team Training

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.
\Thoughts\

Naruto talking in his mind.
'Kurama/Kyuubi'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(With the genin teams)

"Next we are going to come up with team moves and partner moves." Asuma said.

"This can give you all an advantage." Kurenai told them.

"Let my team show you." Kakashi said.

"Your team know partner moves?" Asuma asked.

"Hai." He answered.

"Nice." He said.

"Thank you." He said.

"You're welcome." Eagerly waiting to see the moves.

"Are you three ready?" Kakashi asked his team.

"Hai." The three nodded.

"Great." He gave an eye smile.

He made a clone and the clone attacked them. Sasuke made a fireball. Naruto and Sakura made clones of the fireball. They did it to mask the real one. The clone dodged the multiple ones only to be hit with the real one. Everyone was impressed.

"We call that the fireball distraction." Sakura said.

"I love that move." Naruto said.

"That is a cool move." Shino agreed.

"Thanks." The three said.

"That was a group move." Asuma said. "How about some partner moves?"

"Hai."

They showed off three partner moves. It really impressed them. Naruto and Sasuke went first, then Naruto and Sakura, and finally Sakura and Sasuke. They couldn't wait for them to get into team moves.

"Wow. You three are amazing." Hinata said.

"Thanks." The three said.

"You are welcome." She said.

"Ready to begin?" Kakashi said.

"Hai!" The genin said.

"Pick a partner." Asuma said.

"Hai!" They did as told.

Since team 7 had plenty of partner moves they chose partners outside of their team. Naruto partnered with Hinata. Ino and Sakura partnered up and Sasuke took Lee as a partner. They looked at their sensei's.

"Ready?" Guy asked them.

"Hai!"

"Let's get started." He said.

The adults helped them out as they came up and practiced partner moves. They kept this up for a while before taking a break. They then switched partners and started the process over again.

"When do we eat?" Choji asked.

"Yeah when are we?" Naruto asked.

"We can eat now." Kurenai answered.

"Yes!" The two boys cheered.

"No ramen Naruto-kun." Iruka told him.

"Aw man." He pouted.

"I made you some meat kabobs." He informed him.

"Yes!" He was happy about that. "What veggies?" He knew.

"Carrots." He answered.

"Okay." He liked carrots.

"Here you are." He handed over the container.

"Arigato!" He smiled and took the container.

"You're welcome." He smiled back.

Naruto dug into his food. Sakura glared at Iruka as she began eating the food she had brought. He saw the glare and gave her a cheerful wave. She tsked before looking away. Sasuke, Kakashi, and Naruto were the only ones not surprised by the exchange. Ino couldn't stop herself from asked.

"What was that?" She asked.

"What was what?" Sakura asked grumpily.

"You glared at Iruka-sensei and he waved back at you. It was strange." She said.

"I'm just not pleased with him." She answered.

"Why?"

"Because he is always making Naruto-kun food but not anyone else!" She yelled.

"O-oh." She backed away from the pink haired ninja.

"So?" He smirked at her.

"It isn't fair." She said through clenched teeth.

"You make healthy food. Naruto-kun eats ramen." He said.

"You could still make food for us." She said.

"No." He smiled.

She growled at him. He and Kakashi chuckled. They did enjoy winding her up. Naruto and Sasuke rolled their eyes. She missed Naruto handing Sasuke a kabob and Sasuke giving him an egg roll. The two really enjoyed the food.

"That reminds me. Sasuke-kun, guess what?" He looked at his teammate.

"What?" He looked back at the blonde.

"Our tomato plant is covered in green tomatoes." He answered.

"Yes!" He loved tomatoes.

"I knew you would like that." He smiled.

"You were right." He smiled back.

The two boys got into talking about the different tomato plants they could plant. Sakura chimed in with different plants which made Sasuke stick his tongue out at her. Many marveled at the team's relationship. Many were jealous because their own team wasn't that close.

After they finished eating they got back to work. When it was time for dinner they went out to eat before going home to rest. Their training went on like that for weeks. The genin became closer as they trained. The senseis were happy with how the training was going. They felt like they now had a chance when the sand village attacked.

One night Tsunade came into Naruto's room. She sat on his bed next to him. She gave him a smile as he looked at her. He wondered what she wanted. He didn't have to wait long.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?" He asked.

"There is a chance you may have to fight Gaara-kun and there is a chance he might get hurt." She said.

The blonde gave her a weak smile. "I know. I'm not happy about it but I do understand. Gaara-kun did say he was going to protect his tribe as much as he could as well as get them to see the truth. So far nothing." He frowned.

"I'm so sorry." She said.

"Don't be. This isn't our fault and you're not the one that I blame." He said.

She ran a finger down his cheek. "Come to me if you want to talk." She said.

"I will." He promised.

"Good. Now get some rest." She said.

"Okay." She left the room after that.