Pictures and a Bed

Here’s the next chapter! I’m sorry it has taken a long time. I have been super busy and suffering from writer’s block. Also, thank you guys for all the reads. You guys are amazing.

So, I have a challenge for you. If you guys can get me to 300 reads, I will post a chapter in a different character’s point of view! The song for this chapter is Next to Me by Civil Twilight. Sorry if there are grammar errors. I wanted to get it posted and didn't edit this chapter. Please read, vote, and comment! Thank You! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter 19: Pictures and a Bed

Low

I turn the key in the lock for the door and Chase pushes it open. He runs inside, dropping his backpack by the front door.  I follow behind him, looking over my shoulder one last time at Seth who is talking to Hunter in the car. 

I shift my arms around the room and take in the Ryker house. The whole room is swamped in a light green. There is a large built-in on one of the living room walls that holds the TV. Sports trophies and pictures line the shelves. A tan couch with lounge chairs sit in a semi circle around a coffee table. Shoes and hockey gear litter the corners of the room. Wow, you can definitely tell that boys live here. However, there are small feminine touches that I can tell Krista tried to incorporate. There’s a painting copy on one of the walls and cream curtains hanging from the windows. A large vase filled with flowers completes the room. 

Chase flops down on the couch, grabs the remote, and starts searching for something to watch. I hear the Spongebob theme song come on as I head into the kitchen.

The room is a sunny yellow color with washed white cabinets. They look a little worn, as do the appliances and the countertop, but it gives a more homey feeling. Cookbooks and spices line the countertops which is definitely another one of Krista’s touches. I quickly glance at everything in the room, but the thing that has my attention are the pictures on the fridge. 

I walk across the room and look at all of them. There is one of chase in his hockey gear with a black eye and a hugs grin on his face. In another, there is a picture of Hunter buried in a huge pile of sand outside of the beach house. 

I glance over the pictures of the boys as they grew up through the years. There are school pictures and drawings from when the boys were younger. I am about to turn around when I notice a picture on the topmost corner of the fridge. 

No fucking way.

I hear the front door open and both of the boys come running through the door. I quickly grab the photo off the fridge and stuff it into my pocket. I round the corner to see all three of the boys wrestling on the floor. I cross my arms and lean against the wall, watching with an amused grin on my face. 

When Seth is able to shake both of the boys off, he gives them a shove onto the couch and walks over to me. 

“Impressed?” he asks.

“Extremely. Who knew it was so hard to take down your younger brothers,” I say sarcastically.

He scowls, but it slowly turns into a smirk. Before I know it, I am upside down on Seth’s shoulder. His ass is in my face and I can’t help but let my eyes drift toward it. Damn.

“Seth, put me down you stupid neanderthal!” I pound against his back with my fists, but he still doesn’t put me down. We head down a hallway and stop at one of the doors. He pushes it open and goes inside, placing me down gently on the bed. I quickly look around and shock suddenly hits my system.