Apologies and Ice Cream

Hey guys! More than 500 reads! You guys are amazing. Sorry for the long break! I’ve been extremely busy with all of the end of the school year stuff. So this chapter is dedicated to all of the people suffering from the fires in Southern California. Stay safe! Here is the next chapter, the song for this one is I Knew You Were Trouble. I’m not a big fan of Taylor Swift, but I just had to use it because it fits so well. Hope you guys like it! Please read, vote, comment, and recommend!  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Chapter 27: Apologies and Ice Cream

Low

I can’t believe that bastard is cheating on me. We’ve only been together for a little over a week. He can’t keep it in his pants for that long?

Wait, it’s Seth. Of course he can’t.

I practically sprint out of the school, trying to push my tears back that are threatening to flow. I am not going to cry over a stupid boy. I run towards the parking lot until I realize that Vi drove me to school. Now I guess I have to walk home. Man, this day just gets better and better. I slow down to a walking speed and go down to the sidewalk in front of the school. 

A few minutes pass and all that I can think about is that hoe’s hand on Seth. I fight down the need to throw up and try to think of something else. When nothing comes to mind, I turn to my last resort. The lyrics to I Know You Were Trouble start running through my mind. Ugh! I can’t believe that I resorted to a Taylor Swift song, but you know . . . desperate times call for desperate measures. Plus, the girl kind of knows what she’s talking about.

I’m only about a quarter of the way home when I hear the familiar sound of an engine. A truck pulls up next to me, so I walk a little faster. The engine shuts off and a door slams. Footsteps run up to me.

“Low!” Seth exclaims as he gently grabs my arm. I immediately shrug him off. He comes around to face me and puts his arms up in an attempt to make me stop walking. “Please just listen to me.”

All of the anger boils inside me. Why the hell should I listen to him?!

Suddenly, I do something that I didn’t intend to do.

I slap Seth across the face. He looks back at me in shock. 

I feel guilty for what I did, but there is no way that I am going to let him see that. The guy has already hurt me enough today. I don’t need an excuse for him to make me feel guilty too. 

“Okay,” he breathes out slowly. “I deserved that.”

“Damn right you did,” I growl in response.

“Low, I’m so sorry.”

“About what?!” I screech. “You cheating on me with that slut? Why would you have to be sorry about that?!”

Seth flinches when I mention Sasha, but otherwise he continues to stare at me with regretful eyes. He tries to grab my hand, but again, I shrug it off. He sighs and stares into my eyes.

“I’m so sorry,” he says. “I don’t know what is wrong with me. I saw that guy with you and I thought that he was flirting with you, then when you were laughing back, I just snapped.” He stops and rubs his hands over his face. “I’m so sorry.”

“So . . . are you saying it’s my fault?”

“NO!” he exclaims. “If anything, it’s my fault. I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions.”

We just stand there, both of us staring anywhere but at each other. 

“So, what’s going to happen now?” he asks softly.