[5] No More To Hide

|Date: 2 · 24 · 73 – 9:54 PM| Y/N's Pov:

I looked at Fetch beside the couch. He had his newly bought blue collar on him, a golden circle attached to it that said his name. He was watching the show on the tv with me, at least I thought. Or maybe he was interested with the little sticks on top of it. He always tried to eat them, probably because their standing. 

I didn't want to get up. My parents were in the dining room, which was separated from the living room with a marble counter. If I got up, they would see it, and then they would ask me about why I was in the hospital with kids they didn't know. So I just sat there. I was too interested in the show that I didn't hear the heels and work boots walk towards me. 

"Sweetpea, let's go into your bedroom and talk okay?" I heard my mother say, placing her hand on my shoulder. I tensed up, wanting to stay put but something made me stand up and follow them. But why do we have to talk? I hoped that Fetch would follow me, but I didn't hear him walking up with us.

As I sat down on my bed, I looked up at my parents. They looked more frustrated than upset, my dad tapping his foot on the floorboard and my mom having her arms crossed. They always did that when they were somewhat mad at something.

"Y/N, wanna tell us why you were at the hospital? Who was that man in the suit leading you to a room?" My dad hissed at me, making me look down. What do I tell them? Oh, I've been sneaking out at a young age because you weren't here and mom was acting weird so you wouldn't notice? I felt the freezing wind hit my back from the window behind me and my bed. "How long have you been sneaking out? Why are you sneaking out?" My mom added, taking a sip out of a bottle in her hand.

"The man in the suit was my friends dad. His mom gave birth to a little sister." I managed to squeal out, bouncing my leg. "What friend? You never had one." My mom waved her hand at me, my dad grabbing it tightly. "M/N, stop. You were probably still a drunken whore when they told you, because you don't care about shit." My dad shot at the woman beside him. She rolled her eyes and turned back.

"Y/N, is your friend the Michael kid you told me about?" He sat down in front of me, giving me a small feeling of safety. I nodded, smiling. "You remember?!" I giggled, shaking from excitement. He gave a grin back, ruffling my hair before he stood up. "I made two more friends too! Can I introduce you to everyone tomorrow?" I got up from my bed, giving my dad puppy eyes. 

My mom gave a side glance at him as he thought for a second. "Alright, alright. But your grounded for a day. How long has this been going on?" My dad asked, my mother taking another sip from her bottle. ".. Almost a year."

My mother spat out the drink, becoming a faucet. "A fucking year?!" She screamed, slapping me on the face. "How about I lock you in your room for a year!" She slurred her words as she stumbled, dropping the bottle. "Fucking hell M/N! They're just a kid! If I had to live here, I wouldn't tell anyone either!" My dad grabbed the shards, the drink gliding across the wooden floorboards. I felt sharp, loud ringing in my ears, and tears were begging to be let out.

"Listen, how about I ground Y/N for a week. Yes, they should have told us, but at least they have a damn good reason why!" My dad threw my mother out of the doorway as I hid inside my covers. "Get some rest, kid." I heard my dad say, turning off the light. I grabbed my pillow tight, hearing glass crash the ground, and some thuds. I heard the ringing pitch louder as the noise around me became muffled. Soon enough, I was luckily able to fall asleep.

I felt a sharp headache in my head for a second, looking around. I was surrounded in darkness, yet I feel like I've been here before. I look in front of me to see a trail of confetti scattered in my presence. Hesitantly, I followed the path looking ahead of me as the space grew colder. I saw yellow and purple balloons glide beside me, paying no attention to the yelling behind me.