[6] Father Meets Father

|Date: 2 · 25 · 73| Y/N's Pov:

I say on the edge of my bed, staring at the floor. I couldn't get the yelling from the fight last night out of my head. Even if I couldn't remember what it was, I still didn't want to think about it. However, it was all I could think about. I looked outside the window, seeing Michael and Jeremy play outside. The 2 waved at me as I smiled back, flinching at the sound of my door opening.

"Y/N, your mom wants to talk to you." My dad said, walking towards me. I suddenly felt stuck to my bed as if someone put a pound of glue on it. My dad held out his hand, making me grab it by instinct. I could hear Mike and Jers talk about something but I couldn't hear it. 

I walked up the stairs with my dad, watching as he opened a door to a big canopy bed. My mother was draped in a teal cover, a bandage over her head. My dad let go of my hand, letting me walk over slowly, seeing more bandages on the arms. Fetch watched as I sneaked onto the bed, laying next to my mother.

Her eyes fluttered open, immediately being glazed in tears. "Y/N. I.. I'm sorry. I'm sorry about last night." My mother spoke, sounding half-asleep. I feel like she's gonna doze off again. "You didn't deserve to witness it, I.." She trailed off as I heard a doorbell. I was focused on my mother while my father went downstairs. 

 "I.. I'm sorry.." She whispered as she closed her eyes. I soon heard light snores from her. She must've fallen asleep. I hopped down the bed to walk down the stairs, looking at my dad talking to someone. 

 "Why yes they do live here, I can only assume your Michael's father?" I heard him say to someone. That could be Mr. Afton.. And if Mr. Afton is here, then Michael might be here too!

I sped down the stairs, giggling as I hurried towards the door only to see the old man standing alone. He had a wide grin on his face, his dull blue eyes staring down my dad. I looked around him to see if Michael was around him, but I didn't see him. "Hi Mr. Afton!.. How are you today?" I heard my voice shaking, William's head going down to face me.

"Why hello there Y/N, I was just talking to your father here. He's a great man." William said, the grin of a Cheshire cat never leaving his face. I nodded, trying to smile as well but I couldn't bring himself to. I don't know why, but something about him feels off the moment I met Mr. Afton.

"Michael suggested I should talk to you and your mother so the both of our families can meet each other properly." William continued, my Dad perking up at the sentence. "What a coincidence, Y/N gave me that idea as well. Though you can't meet their mother, she is.. Sick." My Dad sighed, rubbing his head.

Mr. Afton put his hand on my Dad's shoulder. "I know how it feels. Come along now, I'm sure both our children's little friend is also here." He spoke as me and my dad followed. I swear I just saw Mr. Afton have a smirk on his face.

🌼

|Time: 11:32 AM| Michael's Pov:

I tossed the ball back to Jeremy, watching him almost miss it. "Did I ever tell you about how I cut up Daniel's hair?" I said, catching the ball. Jeremy's eyes widened his mouth gaping open. "Wait, Y-You.. You what?" He stuttered, but I couldn't tell if he was amazed or shocked.

"How did you do that? Was his hair brown? How much did you cut?" Jeremy didn't watch the ball go over a fence. He looked so close to putting his hand over his mouth. I guess he wasn't amazed. "I saw my father cut something with scissors. I think he was mad, and all this paper went flying across the room– wait a minute, did you say brown hair?" I questioned the blonde before me.

"Uhm.. Yeah.? He had brown hair right?" Jeremy looked to the side, clearly worried. I stared at him blankly, not saying a word. "Mikey? You didn't answer the question." Jeremy backed up, scratching his hair. "No he didn't have brown hair, he was blonde! Where did brown hair come from?" I barked, shaking Jeremy and letting go as he dropped on the grass.