[12] Porcelain Dove

| Date : June · 6th · 79 | Michael's Pov:

Here's the birthday boy! The events leading up to this point have been hectic and silent, but lets face it, when is it not in life? You all are now 11, Jeremy being 10, but your opinion on William is still with suspicion. People had been helping him mourn the loss of his wife, but he's been more calm than when he has the spotlight to put on his act. Elizabeth is 6 and Evan is 3, which your family congratulates the Aftons on their new addition, but forgot about Fetch after a while. With them not bothering to try and add someone new to the family, you could only wish Fetch was living a good life, resting peacefully..

*ೃ༄˚◞♡ ⃗

I felt myself shift under the sheets, waking up to the sound of what I thought was an owl. It was snowing alot recently, yet the birds still find time to stay outside. I sat up, yawning. Today feels like I should remember what it is, but I can't. I walk towards the calendar and cross out the 5th, seeing a party at on today. 

I moved closer, before perking up in realization.

It's my birthday. It's actually my birthday!

"Yes, yes!" I hopped up and down in my room, my socks tormenting the slippery floor. Before I decided to stop, I slipped and fell down. I winced, stopping a tear from falling down. Father said boys don't cry. I'm 11 now, I can handle a little fall. 

I heard a knock on the door, blue star socks on whoever's feet it was. "You can come in." I said, too lazy to get off the floor. I saw Evan push the door open and attempt to walk with a plate of bacon and eggs. He placed them in front of me and patted my hand before turning on his heel, stumbling as he ran out my room. 

"Thank you! I guess.." I tried to yell to Evan but he probably didn't hear me. He hasn't said his first word for the 3 years he's been alive. Maybe there's something wrong. I listened to the phone ring, making me get up and groan as I picked it up, the cord springing from its place. "Hello?"

"Happy birthday Mike!" Jeremy screamed through the phone, making me pull the receiver away from my ear for a second. I heard some fancy ball music in the back, so he was probably already wherever he went for the summer. "Thanks silly. You know, I still have those drawings you guys gave me. When you come back for school we can ask my Father about the plan." I peeped, hoping Jeremy would hear. 

I put down the drawings of a pirate fox I made, as well as an indigo rabbit Jeremy made. Taylor took a chicken that I told her Father was making and added a couple details, and Y/N just made a little brown bear. Some people were getting bored of the diner, so I collected these to give my Father some ideas. 

"Michael!" I snapped out of my trance when Jeremy barked through the phone. "Oh.. I-uh.. Yes?" I struggled to respond, putting the drawings back. "I gotta go, but tell me if you want any souvenirs, the wedding gives out great fruit salad, I just have to keep it in the freezer until I get back." Jeremy ranted, but I was losing interest already. 

I sighed through the phone. "Alright, bye!" I called, Jeremy hanging up. I didn't know they had the telephones in weddings. Taylor wasn't going to call for the day, but she did send me a letter. Something about spending time with Nicholas before he can leave the hospital. I walked outside my room, the wood creaking with every step.

"Michael, there's my boy! Happy birthday!" My Father went up to me and hugged me for a short while. My birthday was the only time he would let me be the kid I am, but now I'm not so sure he's gonna be that way anymore. He neglects us more by the day. "Y/N is able to come today. Fleur is sick, so Henry can't come." He added, ruffling my hair before going to the kitchen.