[13] Springbroken

|Date: December · 14th · 79 - 5:21 PM|  Michael's Pov:

Kicking a rock on the pavement in front of me, Y/N made a turn to the forest that was covered in snow. Our boots took in the snow as we started to be covered under the canopy of trees. Fleur was in the house with Elizabeth and Evan, so Y/N and I can have free time to ourselves.

"Y'know, my father.. I'm not so sure if I like him as much as I used to anymore." I said, blinking away tears. I didn't know if Y/N would get what I'm saying, but I tried to make it clear enough so they at least have an idea. "I used to admire him, and he used to pay so much attention to me." I continued. 

He told me boys don't cry, didn't he?

"I get it." Y/N responded, patting my back. They did? I turned my head to face them, their hair being sprinkled with snowflakes from the naked trees. The sunset shunned its warm light on their body. I felt heat run marathons through my own body.

"I have the same feeling with my mother. She's always yelling at me when I call her out on the things she does. She always says how she gave me food to eat and a roof over my head." They sighed, their head hanging low.

I felt frustration replace the heat. That's what they always wanna excuse their actions for. "That's what every parent is supposed to do, and that's the bare minimum. How does that excuse her actions for being a bad mother?" I hissed, kicking a bigger stone. Y/N just shrugged. "Parents don't deserve kids, but they deserve parents don't they?" They muttered. 

I immediately hummed in approval. "Your mother doesn't deserve you 100% if she's mad at you for making the smallest mistake." I grabbed Y/N's shoulders and shook them. They stood there frozen. "Sorry about that. I got a little fed up." I crossed my arms, looking away. A dove cooed at us before flying. 

"It's about to be 1980 soon. New decade, so cheer up!" I nudged Y/N, making them giggle. "Alright, alright! Which reminds me.. I have a little surprise for you." They poked me between my eyes. "Surprise? Where?!" I shouted, scaring away any bird and possibly a deer. I felt their cold hand push me aside.

"Not now! For the new years. I'm just giving you a heads up. Don't harass me about it." They grabbed my hand as we started to go back. "Aye aye, captain! I gave the drawings to my father." I smiled, Y/N silently cheering in approval. I can just imagine a pirate fox in a restaurant. 

┗━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┛

|Time : 7:08 PM| William's Pov:

I looked at the children scattered across the diner, Henry right beside me behind the prize counter. Fetch's Top Prize cubby was still empty from my first murders. I wanted to grow my grin wide enough some people would think I could be insane, but I have an image to hold.

I sighed, crossing my arms. "We did all of this, Henry. Look how fast it has grown!" I flared my open arms to the jubilant kids. Henry rose up his orange glasses. "Yeah we did. Being a co-owner takes a lot of work, I'm surprised you could handle it." He nudged me, sending a grin.