Chapter Five

It didn't take long for Captain Caviar Cookie to prepare one of the newest Pearl Legion ships; its blue and white body glistened in the ocean as it filled with Cookies who would assist the captain on his journey alongside the representatives of the Republic. It was looking like the trek between kingdoms came out a week's journey by flight, so the trio of Cookies would have to get to the Vanilla Kingdom in less than seven days. Captain Caviar Cookie was confident in his sailing ability to get everyone there in time, and Oyster Cookie trusted the sailor wholeheartedly, so Royal Milk Tea Cookie would, too.

Royal Milk Tea Cookie bid his mother goodbye at the dock, dressed in a freshly tailored cloak and a new pair of boots and gloves.

"I want you to know that, even though I may not have baked you, I will always be your mother, no matter what any Cookie says," Oyster Cookie promised her son, holding his hands in hers. Tears pricked the corners of her eyes. "Do you understand?"

Royal Milk Tea Cookie had been conflicted, sure, but he was raised by Oyster Cookie, and like he had said to Custard Cookie, nothing would change that. "Of course, you're my mother. You're all I've ever known as my family up until now."

The two Cookies embraced before Royal Milk Tea Cookie turned to walk up the ramp onto the ship. It truly was a difficult feeling knowing that Oyster Cookie wasn't his real mother, but Oat Milk Cookie hadn't raised him, nor had Tea Knight Cookie. Sure, Royal Milk Tea Cookie would love to meet the pair, but it would be a fleeting reunion before the dragon came and took his mother– Oat Milk Cookie– away from him.

"I'm sure the trip won't feel very long at all, Royal Milk Tea Cookie," A sweet and buttery voice crooned from the deck of the ship, pulling the young heir from his thoughts.

"I don't feel like talking to you."

Clotted Cream Cookie scrambled for words, shocked by the immediate dismissal of his attempt to soothe his dear friend. "Woah, hey, Royal Milk Tea Cookie–"

"I need some time, okay?" Royal Milk Tea Cookie avoided looking at the blond Cookie but responded nonetheless. "I really cared about you, and now you and Financier Cookie are suddenly in love..." Clotted Cream Cookie's face twisted in what looked like it might have been shock and distress, but Royal Milk Tea Cookie wasn't looking. "It's a lot to take in."

Not letting Clotted Cream Cookie squeeze in another word, Royal Milk Tea Cookie allowed his assigned guard to escort him to his room below deck. Oyster Cookie had been insistent that, although she refused to venture out of the Republic in order to soothe any concern the citizens had, she still wanted to make sure her son was safe, sending a Pearl Legion guard to protect the young Cookie.

He felt the ship shift and watched out his window as the port from the Crème Republic faded out of view, and crashing blue waves took its place. Royal Milk Tea Cookie took a deep breath, letting the adventure he was yet to live wash over him.

"Attention all passengers of the new Pearl Legion ship!" Captain Caviar Cookie began shouting from the top deck, his scratchy voice seeming to echo through every room. Royal Milk Tea Cookie supposed after sailing through the loud ocean air for so many months, one would get used to shouting for everyone on deck to hear them. "We have entered open water and are no longer bound to obey commerce and trade routes! The waves are going to get a little rocky as we approach the Dark Cacao Kingdom as our first stop, so hold on tight!"

The dark-haired captain was right– the ship's path suddenly became quite rocky within the first few hours on board, and as the sun began to set, Royal Milk Tea Cookie couldn't help but begin feeling a bit queasy.

"Guard," He had said, face paling. "Would you mind helping me find a restroom?" Royal Milk Tea Cookie had stood up from where he was sitting in his cabin, and right as he was steady on his feet, the ship jolted, tossing him back down and sending the contents of his stomach up. The Pearl Legion guard quickly threw open the door, running the Oyster heir out of his room and toward the edge of the ship, where the Cookie could safely empty his stomach out into the blue sea.