Chapter Nineteen

There was a party, of course, there was a party. Mulled Juice Cookie was allergic to not celebrating every milestone a Cookie passed.

Just hours after Royal Milk Tea Cookie had accepted the proposal, the elders had all decided they'd host a party in the evening, inviting all of the citizens from the upper city (and announcing the news to the lower city in the following morning, a parade promised).

"Oh, darling, you should get dressed up!" Oyster Cookie insisted, rifling through her son's closet. She frowned at the consistent deep blue clothing that she saw. "There's a seamstress I know who would be more than happy to dress you in a new gown!"

Royal Milk Tea Cookie had agreed easily, happy to be home and spending time with his mother. He cherished these moments more closely to his heart after losing both of his real parents. The pair had made their way through the city to Mont Blanc Cookie's workshop, where the seamstress was already prepared with silver and blue fabrics lined up on a table.

"Oh, Oyster Cookie!" She greeted, hugging the elder lightly before extending the greeting to the prince, "So happy to see you! And Royal Milk Tea Cookie!"
"Hello," A short wave was granted from the caped Cookie.

"Your mother has informed me about what you wish to wear to the party tonight. Pale blues and silvers seem like the perfect choice, do they not?" She bounced around the workshop as though on wheels, picking out pins from a cushion around her wrist.

"You already picked out a design?" Royal Milk Tea Cookie turned to his mother, head cocked in confusion.

She sheepishly smiled, idly fiddling with her silver shawl, "I had some suggestions. I promise you'll be happy with the outcome, darling."

Royal Milk Tea Cookie took her word for it, allowing Mont Blanc Cookie to grab his gloved hand and guide him to a stool, instructing him to stand on it and stay as still as he could.

"I've heard about your journey!" The blond Cookie began, fabric unrolling and draping over the prince's small frame. "Your bravery when it came to facing the dragon is quite enviable!"

Royal Milk Tea Cookie shrugged from where he stood, looking at himself in the mirrors surrounding the station. He had been instructed to strip out of the great blue dress and white cape he normally wore, now completely bare from the waist up. "I had to face him eventually."
Mont Blanc Cookie hummed, pins between her lips as she worked. "You nearly sacrificed yourself, darling! That's nothing to be dismissive of!"

Royal Milk Tea Cookie nodded silently, turning as he was instructed by Mont Blanc Cookie. As he did so, the brunet managed to catch sight of his back in the mirrors. He turned his head as far as he could as he stared at the starburst of scarring that covered his back. When the Hollyberry castle was attacked, he remembered the short bout of unconsciousness and amnesia he suffered, aware of the pain that preceded both. Despite Clotted Cream Cookie's comments and reassurance that he was beautiful during their bouts of intimacy, Royal Milk Tea Cookie hadn't managed to witness the souvenir firsthand. He scowled at the scars, angry at the mark his journey had left.

Mont Blanc Cookie seemed to notice the Cookie's upset expression and she cleared her throat before she began to speak. "You know, when I was younger, I had been walking down the street to fetch something insignificant, and I fell and scraped my leg quite badly."

Royal Milk Tea Cookie hummed, watching her hands move, pinning more fabric in place, slowly covering his mangled back.

"It hurt like the devil but once it healed up, I was left with a scar right on my knee," She stopped her work and lifted her dress up to reveal a large, discolored spot on her knee.