Chapter Twelve

It had only been the early hours of the morning when Royal Milk Tea Cookie had woken up, so by the time a healer Cookie had shown up and fixed most of the major injuries, it was barely noon. Captain Caviar Cookie had informed the amnesiac that when it came to travel time and how the "child of legend" was working out, the dragon had given the Republicans a total of 3 days to find Oat Milk Cookie. But once Royal Milk Tea Cookie had woken up, there were only two days remaining.

"I can get us across the sea spanning the two kingdoms in half a day's journey if we leave within the hour," Captain Caviar Cookie stated plainly. "You sure you're up for travel, kid? You just got fixed up. Not to mention the, uh," He tapped his temple with a hand as he spoke, "Memory issue."

Royal Milk Tea Cookie, now dressed in his usual royal blue dress, blue boots and gloves, and pure white cape, nodded confidently. "We've made it this far. I trust you to bring us to the Vanilla Kingdom as fast as you can. Maybe sailing will jog my memory." It was a joke, but everyone wanted Royal Milk Tea Cookie to remember at least something from the past few days.

It took only an hour to prepare the ship for departure. Hollyberry Cookie oversaw the preparations and kept a close eye on all her subjects, as well as Royal Milk Tea Cookie. The pair eventually found themselves standing beside one another, watching on as sails were lifted, anchors steadied, and decks mopped clean.

Royal Milk Tea Cookie twirled a piece of his hair before deciding to speak. "I'd like to apologize, Your Majesty."

The magenta Cookie scoffed, confused. "Apologize for what, dear boy?"

He began to fiddle with his gloves, looking around the dock. "For all the trouble I've caused. The dragon and my mother, Eclair Cookie's museum wing, and all of the historic artifacts that must have been destroyed in the collapse–"

"Oh, pish posh!" Hollyberry Cookie waved her hand. "Need not worry, young prince. We've dealt with dragons many a time in this here kingdom, and I'm sure I will again soon," She crouched down to be at level with Royal Milk Tea Cookie and her face shifted to something more kind. "I wish you only the best, young prince. May you find your mother and save our kingdoms." She ruffled his hair as though he were a commoner child in the kingdom, rather than an ambassador to an entire nation.

"Royal Milk Tea Cookie," A brunette paladin approached the short Cookie. This was Financier Cookie. Her face was in Royal Milk Tea Cookie's memories, but he just lacked the details of recent interactions. Did she seem... nervous? Who knew? "The ship is ready for boarding. Captain Caviar Cookie has ensured that your suite will remain in the center of the ship, safe from harm."

"Oh," Royal Milk Tea Cookie wasn't quite sure how to react. "Thank you, Financier Cookie." He thanked politely, bowing slightly and regretting the movement instantly. Another Cookie approached, taking Financier Cookie's place.

It was the guard. "I'll be waiting outside your room, my prince," The Pearl Legion guard said to his charge, who just nodded and dismissed him. Royal Milk Tea Cookie didn't really want to talk to him anymore. Not after he'd nearly given him a panic attack. He didn't think anyone would blame him, certainly not the doctors who had witnessed the interaction.

Clotted Cream Cookie was the final Cookie to greet the pair at once. Hollyberry Cookie brightened up once she saw him, but there was a glint of pity somewhere in her eyes.

"Young Consul!" The tall Cookie gave the blond a tight embrace. "Promise me you'll treat the kid over here well once you land in Pure Vanilla Cookie's homeland, alright?" He nodded deeply.

"I solemnly swear, Queen Mother Hollyberry Cookie, that Royal Milk Tea Cookie will be healed in under twenty-four hours," Clotted Cream Cookie had stated.