Chapter 3

(Madeline POV)

I woke up the next day in my hotel room, we were going back to Montréal today.

My group was already downstairs with the host teacher and the other groups, we had to meet at 8:30 to go to the airport, people started going there like an hour beforehand. It's 8:00 now, I guess I'll get ready.

I then got a call from my mom.

"Salut Maman!"

"Salut Maddie, qu'est-ce que tu fais?"

"Je me prépare. Je viens de me réveiller."

"D'accord, tu reviens aujourd'hui?"

"Oui, Je vais descendre bientôt."

"OK, au revoir! Je t'aime."

"Je t'aime, au revoir."

My mom was quite overprotective of me but I didn't mind. She knew what was best. Surprised she even let me go on this field trip.

I wonder what the girl who saved me last night is doing now.

—-
(Amelia POV)

"She's okay Amelia, she just had a concussion." the doctor told me

I was so relieved to find out that my mom was okay. I can't survive without her. Yet. I stayed at the hospital overnight with her, just in case there was a ghost that would haunt my house overnight. The last time we saw a movie with ghosts... let's just say it didn't go well.

"Mom, are you okay?"

"Yes Amelia, thank you."

"What happened that caused the concussion though?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Ugh."

"Everything is fine, Miss. Kirkland. You can head home with your daughter now." the doctor said she smiled

—-

We were finally home, after everything. It was Saturday so we had free time. Maybe my mom would be working but probably not because of the concussion.

"Hey mom, are you working?"

"No. Not working this weekend." she told me as she was reading on the couch

"Do you want to go out tonight or tomorrow?"

"I don't see why not." she said as she smiled, "by the way, thanks for saving me."

"I told you I'm useful! I'm the heroine!!!"

"Okay, we get it."

"Who's we?" I asked as I started playing with her hair and pulling it as a joke

"Get off me!"

"My bad."

"Yeah, YOUR bad."

"Can we go to the mall this evening anyways? Since we're going out."

"Of course!"

—-
(Maddie POV)

7pm

Finally arrived at the Montréal airport, and my mom was waiting outside to pick me up. I got into the car and we started talking about the trip.

NOTE: GOING TO BE USING ENGLISH BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO PUT IT AL IN FRENCH! I DO SPEAK BOTH, BUT ENGLISH IS A LOT EASIER FOR ME! Just pretend they're speaking in French, if they are.

"Hey mom!"

"Hi darling, how was the trip?"

"It was good! About last night, there was a girl who saved me. I'll you about it at home."

"That's alright with me, what else happened?"

I told mom everything that happened on my trip on the way home. We arrived home at around 8:00 and it was dinner for us.

As my mom and I sat down for dinner, she served me one of her "rare" dishes, ones she makes once in a while. She's such a good cook.

"So... you were going to tell me about the girl last night?" she asked

"Oh yeah.. well I don't know how you'll take this.."

"Maddie.. it's okay, don't worry."

"Well, some lady tried kidnapping me last nigh-"

"OH MY GOD?! WHEN?! WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME THEN?!"

"Mom!"

"Sorry Maddie. Continue."

"But there was some girl who saved me from her. The girl cut her hair just to save me. She had hair as long as mine, but she cut it to shoulder length so she could give it to the lady so the lady could leave me alone."

"Aw.. that's so nice of her. How old was she?"

"She was my age."

"Oh my god? How could she do that against a grown lady?"

"I mean she was really muscular and... big, if those are the right words."

"What's her name?" mom asked as she got up from the table to put away her plate in the dishwasher.

"Amelia."

—-
(Marianne POV)

Oh no.

'Don't worry Marianne. There are definitely many girls in New York City named Amelia.' I thought to myself, which made me calm down. I was cutting food to save for tomorrow then suddenly Maddie spoke.

"I got her Snapchat, her full name is Amelia Kirkland."

"What the fu-" I suddenly cut my finger with the knife instead of the food. Blood started pouring out.

"Mom?! Are you okay?"

"Yes sweetie, don't worry. Can you just get me a bandage?"

"Yes mom."

My heart was beating. Did it have to be Alice's child out of ALL the girls in New York City. Oh I knew this trip was a bad idea. My heart rate got faster and faster.

"Here's the bandage."

"Thanks love."

I wrapped the bandage around my finger and packed the food away since I finished cutting anyway.

"Here honey. Why don't we.. um.. go to bed? It's late, isn't it?"

"Sure, why not. Do you mind if I sleep with you tonight."

"Of course sweetie, come let's go upstairs."

It's okay Marianne, hug Maddie to sleep and throughout the night and everything will totally be okay in the morning. Totally.