Chapter 9

(Amelia POV)

I was so bored, god I hate Ms. Wang's Algebra 2 class. She yaps so much and talks about how old she is it's so annoying. She talks a lot about her life and talks about how important math is. Like bitch, I don't care about how math helped you meet your husband you eventually had to leave! She literally calls me fat and lazy sometimes!

Why not throw a pencil? I picked one up from the freshman girl next to me, who was from Iceland. I threw it right at Ms. Wang's head and I couldn't stop giggling.

"I'm sorry, here take this pencil." I told the freshman as I got a pencil from my bag

"Who threw that pencil, aru?!"

I couldn't hold it in. But Ms. Wang turned back to the board and continued to yap.

I picked up a sock that was on the floor, and threw it at Ms. Wang's head again. But this time she saw me.

"AMELIA?!"

"Not my fault you're such a yapper."

"I am calling your mom for the seventh time this school year!"

"Okay and I don't care."

"Okay, then maybe you can go to the office right now. And get a call home from me and them, and I'm going to dress code you because you can't just wear really short shorts that barely go down your thighs and a bikini top under your jacket to school. Zip your jacket up, but I'm still dresscoding you for the shorts!"

"Oh my god, you're so annoying!"

"Amelia! Out now! And take this slip!" she yelled at me as she handed me a dress code slip

"Bye!!"

"Have fun at the office."

I went down to the office and it was actually pretty quiet.

"So Miss. Amelia, I've called your mom and she's coming to pick you up. If you come down to the office again, it's a definite detention!" said the office lady. Her name was Mrs. Weillschmidt, she was actually married to the owner of the really good Italian restaurant.

"Okay Monika, bye bye!"

"Don't call me by my first name! And you're staying in the office until your mom arrives."

"Whatever."

I waited for about a good ten minutes and then my mom came into the admin building to pick me up.

"Amelia go outside and get into the car." my mom did not have a happy look on her face

"Okay, bye!!" I just stood outside the window and watched. The windows were bad quality so you can hear a lot of what's happening inside

"I'm so sorry about Amelia's behavior. Please let me know if anything else happens."

"It's alright, I understand. There's been kids worse than Amelia here."

My mom came out, so I quickly rushed into the car without her seeing. We didn't talk for the rest of the trip. When we got home, she just gave me broad directions.

"Go to your room now, take whatever you need for studying, and leave your bag, your phone, and AirPods downstairs. Actually, take the AirPods."

"Why do you hate me so much??"

"I don't hate you, I love you Amelia. You're just a pain sometimes."

"Okay bye, can I take this gun from the garage into my room since I'm going to be bored?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"Fine."

—-
(Alice POV)

I don't even know what to do with this child. I'm glad I took her instead of having Marianne take her, I didn't want her dealing with this. I wonder what kind of child Madeline grew up to be.

I got her bag and her phone into the living room. Of course I found tardy passes and detention slips stuffed into her backpack, but that didn't shock me as much as the next thing I found.

Fuck.