Chapter 6

(Marianne POV)

I didn't know how to reply to this text. Come on Marianne, you're the least out of all people to not know the answer to something like this!

I don't know. Should I just admit the truth? I guess I'll ask Maddie and see what she'd do. We were getting ready to go shopping so I guess I'll ask her on the way to the mall.

(time skip: 20 mins)

We were on the way to the mall, when I suddenly remembered, I was going to ask Maddie.

"Darling?"

"Yes mom?"

"I have a question, if you don't mind?"

"Of course."

"Let's say you texted a person after not talking with them for over a decade. And they suspect you texted them for a specific reason. And the truth is, you did text them for that reason. What would you text them back?"

"Hmm.. why are you asking this?"

"Oh nothing, just seeing."

"But I would personally just admit the truth, assuming the person is, or was, your close friend or something like a friend."

Admit the truth it was then. After the mall.

"Thank you sweetie." I said as I smiled

"But why were you crying earlier, if you don't mind asking."

I sighed, "it's a long story, a story that started way before you were born. But I can give you some details tonight."

"Okay, if you ever want to vent, you can do it to me." she smiled

"I don't deserve a daughter like you."

We arrived at our destination and checked our makeup one last second. Well, mostly my makeup. Maddie just does skin care and that's it.

—-
(Alice POV)

That bloody git! She left me on read! Suddenly, I started tearing up, and the drops falling onto the pages of my book.

"Mom? Are you alright."

"Oh yeah. I'm sorry."

"What happened, do you wanna talk about it."

I sighed, "don't worry about it. But maybe, just maybe, I'll tell you A LITTLE BIT tonight."

"Only a bit? Okay well, if you wanna talk about something, come to me."

"Thank you Amelia, I really would love to see the kind side of you more." I said as I hugged her

"Same goes for you."

"Excuse me?"

"HAHAHAHA!"

"Stop laughing like that!"

"It's not that bad!"

"Yes it is! You sound like a horse!"

"Better than sounding like an anime girl, like SOMEONE."

"Just shut up. Anyways, I'm going to my room. Don't come in unless I say you can."

Our house here in NYC is quite small because it's New York but we liked it. The good thing is that we have at least 2 stories, but the bad thing is Amelia can hear me from my room easily so I've made sure to a new, thicker door which cancels more noise and some extra "curtains" in front of the door.

I was going to try turning into a rabbit then since it's been a while. I remembered - me turning into a rabbit is how me and Marianne even got together in the first place.