Chapter 4

(Amelia POV)
10:30pm

We came home from the mall and our hands were full of bags. I love going shopping with my mom, it's so fun.

"Well, do you wanna go to bed or?" asked mom

"Yeah let's go to bed, I'm actually tired."

"Okay, then head upstairs and I'll be coming right after I clean everything up."

I did as said and went upstairs to sleep in my mom's room for tonight.

(Alice POV)

I went upstairs and went straight to my bed room only to see Amelia sleeping in my bed.

"Next time just ask if you wanna sleep in my room or not, okay?"

"Uh okay, but I'm sleeping here tonight. So you can share the same bed with me or you can figure it out."

"I'm sleeping on my bed. So I guess it's going to be with you." I giggled

I got into bed with Amelia sleeping beside me and I decided to read a book. Well I couldn't. Because Amelia started snoring like a fat pig the moment I got in. Like always. Might just try to sleep. This is amazing.

6am

"Morning mom!"

"Good. Fricking. Morning." I replied, sleep deprived

"What did I do this time to make you mad?"

"Maybe it's because you were snoring like a fat ass pig and I couldn't sleep."

"Oh my bad. You could've gone to like another room or something!"

"But this is my bed, genius!"

"Okay whatever, you can sleep. I'll go do my business. Have a good night."

"You mean a good morning?"

"Yeah yeah whatever. Bye!"

"Goodbye."

Now since Amelia wasn't near me, I could do what I had to on my phone. Find out if Madeline is still here in NYC. And Marianne. I think I'll save the sleep for later.

Should I send Marianne a text for the first time in years or... what.

—-
(Marianne POV)

"Good morning mom!"

"Good morning sweetie! Do you want to go out today?"

"Actually, yeah I do. Kind of bored." she said with her quiet voice

"Let's spend the day out, and let's have breakfast first. I'll make your favorite pancakes!" I said as I gave her a kiss on her head

I started preparing pancakes and I decided to take Sunday off to spend time with Maddie. I'm a doctor at a hospital that isn't too far from our house. I'm thinking of sending Alice a text.. but it would be awkward since it's been a while. I missed her so much. There hasn't been a single day where I haven't thought about her since the day we broke up. Of course, I could just marry someone else. But no, my heart was saved for Alice. I couldn't help but think of those good moments with her all those years ago. Cuddling, kissing, you know what. Of course, I've been asked out many times. But no one is better for me than Alice. There was one thing I did miss as well - her witchcraft. Though SOMETIMES it did lead to trouble, it was adorable.

I remember the first time I met her. Suddenly, I started tearing up.

"Mom, are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Y-yes. I'm fine sweetie, thank you for asking."

"Mom please..."

"Don't worry, I'll tell you later."

—-
(Alice POV)

God, why the hell can't I just send her a text? Oh my god, this is scary and confusing. And could end up being embarrassing, I thought.
Might as well just go to sleep now Alice. Worry about Marianne and Madeline later.

"HEY MOM! WHY AREN'T YOU ASLEEP?!" asked Amelia as she stormed into my room

"Can you knock next time?"

"Sorry."

I turned to the side and immediately closed my eyes. I remembered the dark blue to slight purple eyes. Tears started coming out of my eyes but I hid them by burying my head in my blanket. I soon drifted off to sleep.

(Amelia POV)

It was 10am but I guess I'll let mom sleep. I NEED to find out about what caused her to faint. She refuses to tell me. I asked her so many times. When I mention Maddie, she starts to freak out.

I guess I'll chat Maddie anyway.

A: Hey, you still in NYC?

M: Hii! No, I left yesterday I'm so sorry 😭

A: Don't be sorry, you're too sweet 🤦‍♀️😂

M: Sorry.

A: oh my god 💀

M: Anyways, wyd?

A: Nothing, my moms sleeping still so I'm just planning on hanging out at a friends house in the mean time.

M: You can hang out without your mom knowing?

A: Yeah, she trusts me.

M: You have so much freedom 😭

A: I know 😝 Anyways gtg, cya

M: Byee :)

"Yeah I'm gonna head ou-" I said to myself until I was cut off by someone

"Amelia!"

"Ugh, yes mom?"

"Just checking if your still at home."

"Oh yeah I am."

"Alright, what do you want to do today?" asked mom as she came down the stairs

"Uhh... nothing. Can we just stay home?"

"Oh? Of course we can, if you want to."

"Yeah."

"I'm going to just make myself something, and I'm gonna watch TV, k?" I told my mom

"Suit yourself, I'm going to read."

—-
(Alice POV)

I did as said and was doing it for a while. Until I felt my phone vibrating next to me. I picked it up and saw a text from a very surprising person. Oh no...