CHAPTER 10

Ja'mylaa Marie Adams | Aka Mylaa | Age 14

"I told you that you was going too fast" I said to my boyfriend.

I left Nina party with my boyfriend he was supposed to take me straight home but he decided to drive around the city and now we was getting pulled by the police .

"I'm Finna take they ass on a chase " Jaquan said speeding from the police car .

Soon as I heard him say that my eyes got big like durk I can't go to jail.

"Jaquan what the fuck is you doing we gonna go to jail " I said yelling at Jaquan .

"Chill I got this " he told me driving extremely fast .

My heart was racing fast I was scared to go to jail even worse I was scared to have to explain to my brother what happen.

Oh my gosh my brother is going to kill me

Jaquan was driving extremely fast running red lights and all and the police was still chasing us . We passed one red light and this car ran right into us

Jaquan hopped out the car running I just sat there looking dumb founded I didn't know what to do or how to react .

Because I wasn't the one driving and I didn't run the police just told me that he was just going to take me to the police station and that my guardian was going to pick me up.

Jaquan ended up getting caught and they took him to jail. When we arrived to the police station the cop told me that my brother was on his way to come get me .

"Ja'mylaa Adams you're going home" the police officer told me .

I walked to the front of the police station and I seen my brother standing there with a disappointed look on his face .

I walked up to him expecting to get yelled at but he just turned and started walking to the car without saying anything .

"Poppa listen don't be mad I could explain what happened " I said to him while getting in his truck.

He just ignored me not responding thats what was hurting my feelings more than anything my brother never treated me this way.

We rode the whole way home in silence we finally made it back home and we got out the car he still was giving me the silent treatment.

"Poppa you really not Finna talk to me " I said while tears was running down my face .

"What you want me to say " he said throwing his keys on the counter.

"Atleast let me explain " I told him

"Go head " he said looking at me

"Ok so I was supposed to come straight home after the party but Jaquan sai-"