II

Thursday, August 24th, 2034

Mornings weren't always busy for the Y/l/n family, but with the first day of school right around the corner, Normani wanted to make sure everyone was getting back into their usual routine. Waking up four groggy and moody children was not an easy task, especially when they had places to be. If she could avoid the drama behind that, she would.

Y/n was up before everyone else like she always had been. Whether that be at the gym or in her office working, she had a lot to do. Currently, she was on a conference call with her colleagues at Parkwood, discussing a few new endeavors they'd be participating in soon.

Normani woke up a few hours after Y/n and got up to make the kids a quick breakfast before they had to be dropped off at their final days of summer training for their various sports and activities. Y/n smelled the breakfast coming from the kitchen and went down as soon as her meeting ended.

"Good morning babe." Normani was in a good mood this morning so she was much more affectionate.

"Morning baby, what you making?"

"Just some breakfast burritos for everybody before we all head out. Want one?"

"Yes please, I'm starving." Normani passed Y/n one of the finished burritos and went back to cooking. Y/n took a huge bite, knowing it was gonna be good. "Mmm, thanks Mani."

"You're welcome. Got a lot on your plate at work today?"

"Yeah, about that. I have to work late again. Yvette and I have a meeting with one of the new artists we signed. She's been wanting to show us her dress rehearsal for her upcoming performance, but tonight is the only time we can all meet this week."

"Wait, then who's gonna pick up Nyx for football camp? And the twins from cheerleading practice? You said you'd handle that during the week since I have rehearsals with the girls from FLO at night for the next few weeks." Normani was puzzled.

"I know babe but there's nothing I can do right now. I'm handling all of the artist development for the three new artists we've signed and the executive board has been looking at everything I do under a microscope lately."

Normani shook her head and rolled her eyes, tired of the same old excuses and stories from her wife. No matter what plans they made, somehow there was always a last minute change. Though she expected her to bail, she had high hopes things would actually turn around soon.

Y/n understood her wife's frustration but she felt as if there was nothing she could do. She had to work and she couldn't understand why Normani couldn't see that. She got to work late with no protests, why couldn't she?

"I understand that Y/n, but you also made a commitment here! Your kids want to see you and spend time with you, I want to see you and spend time with you! You've blown us off for last minute things for work for months now! You have responsibilities here too you know?"

"I know that Mani, you acting like I did this on purpose! I'm not in charge of these things, I just do what's asked of me."

"For everyone else but us right?" Normani deadpanned as Y/n remained silent, left speechless.

"Mani, I'm sorry. Okay what was I supposed to do?" Y/n was getting defensive.

"I don't know, maybe say 'Hey I have three kids I have to pick up tonight because my wife is working. Maybe we can reschedule so my kids aren't stranded?'"

"I just told you tonight is the only night we can meet. If I could've rescheduled don't you think I would've?"

"I don't know. Would you?" Normani crossed her arms as she leaned back against the countertop.