XI

Monday, October 16th, 2034

"Did you get the tracks I sent over?" Y/n spoke to her good friend Metro Boomin' on the phone.

"Yeah I got 'em, there was only four though. What happened to the fifth one?"

"Didn't get a chance to finish it bro, I'm sorry. I'm taking a step back from a lot of things to focus on my family and my health bro. I'll explain another time."

"Don't even worry about it lil sis, I saw your post on IG. Do what you gotta do! When you ready to jump back in, hit me up I got you."

Y/n smiled at the support she received. Metro has been one of her biggest supporters and advocates on the production side of the industry as she grew popular, so having his support means a lot.

"Thanks bro, I appreciate you."

"No problem, tell the wife and kids I said wassup. Later!"

"Will do." Y/n hung up the phone and scratched Metro's name off of her list of people to call directly and inform of her hiatus. Luckily for her, Metro was the last person on the list to call so she could actually rest. Just as she finished, Normani came into her office.

"She's right here Chlo. Yeah one sec," she pulled the phone away from her ear. "Chloe wants to talk to you."

"Hey Chloe, what's up? We just talked like 20 minutes ago."

"Y/n you told me you were going on hiatus, not that you and Mani were in a car accident!"

"I just wasn't tryna make it a big deal Chlo, my bad." Y/n chuckled, shaking her head at Normani across the room.

"It's no problem girl! I told Mani this already, but if y'all need anything just let me know. I'll probably stop by later this week to visit y'all and the kids so I can bring some things by if necessary!"

"Nah, we don't need anything right now, but thank you! Text us what day you wanna come so we'll know."

"Of course, I'm gonna go, tell Mani I said bye. Love y'all!" Chloe hung up and Mani smiled.

"I love Chloe, she's so sweet."

"I know right? Have you finished up your list? I just finished talking to Metro when you came in."

"Yup. Luckily, the choreography I was doing was finished already and just needed cleaning up. So now I can actually rest and take time off."

"That's good babe. I'm still waiting on a call from the insurance company to talk about the accident and everything."

"Do you think they're gonna cover the car?"

"I'm not sure, but I know they'll cover some of it. It's completely totaled, so at some point I gotta go look for something to replace it even if they don't. I'm not sure what I want though, I really loved that mustang." Y/n pouted. Normani came around her desk and sat in her wife's lap.

"I know babe, but it's okay! Plus, weren't you in between two cars that you wanted?"

"Yeah it was between the Bugatti and the vintage Mustang. Only thing is, I'd have to basically rebuild the Mustang."

"Do it with Nyx and Noah. They love car stuff like you do. You have the free time now." Mani shrugged.

"Hmm... that's not a bad idea."

"Plus, you can technically get both if the check from the insurance company comes in. Might be able to cover one of the cars."

"True. I think I will and actually spend some time with those two. Thanks for the idea baby." Y/n kissed Normani's cheek.