XVII

Friday November 17th, 2034

As the limo pulled up to the party, Y/n can't help but be shocked at the party's extravagance. It's basically been turned into a mini gala! The family exits the limo one by one, and is led by Y/n and Normani to the red carpet laid out for pictures.

"This must be why the invitations emphasized black tie attire." Noah whispered to her twin.

"Classic BB, she knows how to throw a real party." Nyla smiled, peeking into the building to catch glimpses of what was going on. A few steps ahead of her, Normani was picking a few pieces of lint off of Y/n's dinner jacket.

"As nice as velvet is, it attracts everything." she mumbled so only Y/n could hear.

Y/n didn't hear her, she was worlds away in her own mind. She couldn't take her eyes off of Normani no matter what was going on around them. She felt like how she did when they first started dating, a feeling she missed dearly. Normani noticed the staring, smirking once she caught onto why Y/n had suddenly become so quiet.

"If you keep looking at me like that, you're going to cause a very viral problem for the both of us." Normani smiled as she referenced the paparazzi lined up to take their photos on the carpet.

"I don't care who sees." Y/n placed a hand on Normani's waist, pulling her closer. "My only concern right now is you."

"Is that so?" Mani tried to hide her blushing, but was unsuccessful. She quickly regrouped before she whispered seductively in Y/n's ear. "How about this? Stay focused on the party while we're here, and you can focus on me all night when it's over."

Y/n was stunned, to say the least. She smirked and placed a kiss on Mani's cheek before gathering their kids to get ready for pictures. She wrapped one arm around Mani's waist and the other around Noah's shoulder. Nyla stood on Mani's left, with Nyx on her's. Sebastian stood beside Noah. 

As if on cue, the family showcased their beautiful, sparkling white smiles for the paparazzi as the camera flashes lit up the carpet. For everyone else, they had forgotten that the Y/l/n's truly were a beautiful family. Granted, they haven't been outside at an event like this in a year, it still rang true.

Once they finished their walk on the carpet, they entered the party welcomed by cheers and applause from the attendees. The DJ announced their arrival as if they were royalty and everyone treated them as such. They made their way to their designated table before greeting Beyoncé, Blue, Sir, and Rumi. Both sets of kids went off to hangout and talk away from their parents, leaving Beyonce, Y/n, and Normani alone.

"When you said there would be a party celebrating my promotion, you didn't say it'd be a full on gala!" Y/n said and she looked around at the decor.

"Well, if I said it was a gala you wouldn't have agreed to come!" Bey answered.

"True, but seriously, thank you. I didn't need all of this thought, it's just a promotion."

"Babe, this is not just any promotion. You're the director of A&R, that's huge!" Normani said

"Mani's right Y/n, you're on the executive board now! Not to mention, this is also appreciation for the time you've spent here and everything else you've done. You deserve something like this in your honor."

"I mean, if you insist. Thank you both for everything, I know you both played a roll in this somehow. I love you both." Y/n placed kisses on both of their cheeks and they resumed their conversation.

The night goes by rather smoothly. Y/n got a chance to catch up with some of her coworkers and industry friends she hadn't seen since the accident, and some she hadn't seen since before she began her job at Parkwood. When everyone sat down to eat, Nyx and Sebastian went up to the front of the room and grabbed microphones. The music faded out and they began to speak.