Chapter 2

-Chapter 2-

"Master ordered you to stop by the office after you get ready." Sophia informs.

"Huh...?"

"Hurry."

I had to wash my face, brush my hair, and put on a long dress by this woman without knowing what was going on. And as I stood in front of the mirror to check my makeup, I realized that things were getting pretty strange.

'Who are you?'

My appearance in the mirror was so unfamiliar. The woman in the reflection appeared to be a Westerner with reddish-brown hair, light brown eyes, fair skin and a glamorous body.

She's pretty, but looks a bit scrawny. It's a good impression for someone who is going to ask for a refund. And in the meantime, someone's memories slowly began to flood into my mind.

It was the memories of Edith Rigelhoff, a 22-year-old aristocratic lady who is to be married in a week.

It was strange that the memories of a noblewoman had formed in the minds of people living in the 21st century, but it was even more strange that the name was not unfamiliar to me.

'Edith... Edith Rigelhoff. Where have I heard that name before? Who is she? Oh wait! No way...'

I remembered. That was the name of the villainous woman in the romance novel that I had finished reading the other day.

It was a romantic novel titled 'I Refuse Your Obsession' with a Cider narration.

'Nonsense! Did I possessed the villainess of a romance novel?'

I must have lost my mind. Not the female lead, but the villainess! No, I possessed the body before becoming the villain!

"Please wait in the room for a while. I will come after receiving permission from the master to visit again." The maid, Sophia, spoke curtly and left without hearing my reply.

I immediately recalled the story of the novel, all while trying to calm my pounding heart. I must pull myself together at this point.

'The main character is Lizé Sinclair, right? And the male lead was Cliff Ludwig.'

I was taken aback, but fortunately I was able to clear my head. It was a novel that I enjoyed reading, so it's fortunate that I had a lot of memories of it.

Lizé Sinclair, the main character of the novel, was a bright, innocent and beautiful girl like the goddess of spring. However, handicaps existed for all protagonists. She was the illegitimate daughter of the Earl of Sinclair, who had an affair with his maid.

The Count thought that he would be able to use the beautiful and clever Lizé someday and so he put her on the family register. But the rest of the Sinclair family disapproves of her and constantly harasses her.

While the persecution of her family intensified, the Duke and Duchess of Ludwig, who have come to stay at the Sinclair mansion for a while, takes Lizé to live with them.

'And that's where she meets Cliff, the male lead, and Killian, the second male lead.'

Cliff and Killian are brothers from the Ludwig family, who fell in love with the same woman at the same time. They fiercely try to win Lizé's heart regardless of her feelings.

They give Lizé what she wants and deal with what threatens Lizé without her knowledge... She is the object of their 'obsession' as referred in the title.

However, like all heroines who were naive and good-natured, she cleverly solves the cases that befall her without noticing that the love the two men shower her with went beyond excessive.