Chapter 63

-Chapter 63-

Adolescent girls' emotions run the gamut several times a day.

They can be overjoyed and saddened by the slightest trigger.

But at the time, I wasn't in a position to be swayed by small triggers.

"Oh, it's leukemia, Mr. Hai. I don't have any money in the house, and my daughter's got this weird disease."

The day I came home from the leukemia diagnosis, my dad was irritably talking to someone on the phone, right in front of me.

I was suffering from unexplained headaches and dizziness, so I went to the clinic and the doctor told me to go to the hospital, where I found out I had leukemia.

I was in pain all over, and my mom and dad just sighed heavily with grim faces, which didn't ease the fear and anxiety I was feeling.

Feeling like a sinner, I was depressed and sad the entire time I was hospitalized, undergoing treatment, and receiving my brother's bone marrow transplant.

To be honest, I can't tell you how many times I wished I could just die.

Even when I found out that my brother's bone marrow was a match for me, I wasn't happy.

"Oh, no, that's gonna fucking hurt!" My brother cried.

"But she's your sister, you have to do it." My mother says.

"Oh, just tell her to go to hell!"

"Ha...... Su-chan, if you do this, I'll buy you that laptop or something you've been wanting......" My father bribed.

"......really? Really?"

"Of course."

My brother's voice, telling me to go to hell even though I was right there with him, would come to life in my head every time I looked at him.

After a bone marrow transplant that was traded for a gaming laptop, I was exhausted from several procedures and no one was by my side.

My parents were standing by my brother who donated the bone marrow, complimenting him on a good job, and I was lying alone, staring at the white ceiling.

I felt so sad and depressed that tears streamed down my face, and I realized that I was crying to get their attention.

'It's all for nothing, so why are you crying?'

I cried, but they didn't look back at me. I was lucky if they didn't call me a crybaby.

Once I realized that, I was able to get out of depressive moods quickly because I knew it was pointless.

That realization from my past life has come in handy now.

'It's not the time to be depressed. It's dangerous to rely on Killian when I don't know if he's going to give me his heart or not.'

I'd been doing my best to say hello to the extras, and I'd gotten a few servants to know me, but I needed to do something more practical.

'Money! I need to raise more money!'

I still only have nine million sennas in my safe at the Mallen Central Bank.

That's not a lot of money by the standards of this world's commoners, but it's far from enough to prepare for an unknown future.

I scrambled to my feet and began pulling out the jewelry I could sell.

'Let's sell everything that came off my dress, and the accessories I brought with me when I got married...... hm, let's sell everything that's not my style.'