Chapter 1

-Chapter 1-

The magnificent melody of the pipe organ spread as if drawing concentric circles. On both sides of the Virgin Road, guests dressed in fancy ceremonial robes were filling the seats. And the entire hall was filled with solemn dignity. In terms of formality, it was perfect as befits a Duke's wedding. However, there was no joy or bustle like a wedding ceremony anywhere.

'I think it would be more appropriate to call this a funeral.'

It really was.

Both the groom's guests and the bride's guests all had dark expressions.

'Don't make those faces. No matter how uncomfortable you guys feel. I'm the one going through with this.'

Now I had to walk down the middle of this frozen ceremony hall and stand next to the man who would kill me.

"Now, Edith Rigelhoff, please enter."

The priest, who did not know whether he had come to officiate at a wedding or to attend a funeral mass, ordered my entrance in a gloomy tone.

I practiced all day yesterday and rehearsed it in my head, but I couldn't help but feel nervous.

I kicked the hem of my dress with my tiptoe and walked slowly forward, just as I practiced to prevent an accidental fall.

But the hem of my wedding dress was not the problem with what I was wearing. It was my chest... No, I knew my breasts were big and beautiful, but they were too exposed.

I tried it on for the first time today and thought something was missing to cover my chest.

'No matter how sensual a dress is, isn't it a bit much to wear a dress like this on a wedding day?'

As if I wasn't the only one who thought so, the glances that looked at me clearly contained negative emotions; dislike, contempt, disregard, or lust.

I walked over to my soon-to-be husband. The very man who would one day slit my throat, cutting through the heavy air that I couldn't even feel the crumbs of favor.

Of course he didn't even look at me. To him, I probably felt like a curse or a punishment imposed on him.

'Whoa, I didn't fall down anyway. Step one is clear.'

I bowed my head slightly towards the priest to show my courtesy and let out a small sigh of relief. The priest nodded his head nonchalantly and began to recite a prayer of blessing.

"Everything in the world praises you, my God, Hershan. I bless these two beautiful man and woman who will build a happy and warm family in the arms of the Creator today..."

Well... I don't think I will ever be able to build a happy or warm future with this man. In this situation, knowing that a man who hates me is going to slit my throat, it was extremely unclear whether I would be able to get a 'happy or warm family' or even a 'future'. But in my defense, there was no way to deny or avoid this situation beforehand.

When I opened my eyes, I was in the body of a woman who was to be married in a week.

I didn't know how crazy the process was, too.

* * *

Misfortune never comes alone. That's what happened that day.

"Soo-na! I told you not to do this!" My manager angrily shouts.

"Huh? But this is senior Yeong-eun's-" I began.

"-I'm sorry, manager. Soo-na still hasn't gotten the hang of Excel. I will fix it and make sure she gets it right." Yeong-eun interjects.