Chapter 19

-Chapter 19-

Killian

Standing motionless, Edith's rosy ears, parted lips, slender nape, and curving shoulders and sternum made me giddy.

'What am I doing?'

The embarrassment and panic that came with the realization forced me to blurt out something like, "You did a good job helping my mother, just keep doing what you're doing and don't think about anything weird."

I also remember that Edith had only had her clothes altered at Ruayal's boutique, so I told her that she could call another boutique.

I admit that I didn't say it in a gentlemanly way. But I didn't expect to be criticized by her.

"It's not like I did anything wrong, you just hate me...... I can see why you'd want to blame me, it would make you feel better."

"It's cowardly."

Why did I have to hear that?

My head was spinning. The more I thought about it, the more my temples throbbed.

"You don't know anything about me, Killian. Nothing."

Why did that woman's face look so sad when she said that?

And she was right.

I know nothing about Edith.

From the beginning, I had seen her only as 'Count Rigelhoff's daughter', and everything I had assumed about her was based on my impressions of Count Rigelhoff.

"Ugh......" I groaned.

The pain started at my temple and spread to my entire head, until it felt like my skull was going to crack.

"Killian......?"

And when Lizé's voice was heard from somewhere, my throbbing head gradually got better.

"Lizé......?"

Lizé, who often came to watch Cliff and I spar, appeared to be on her way to the gymnasium today as well.

I was relieved that the pain was fading.

"Killian, what's wrong, are you hurt?" She asked worriedly.

"Oh, no, I'm fine."

I could smell the fresh scent of violets as Lizé looked up at me with concern.

'Yeah, I like the faint scent of violets. The strong rose scent is just disgusting.'

With that thought in mind, my head felt better.

"I'm really okay, Lizé. I've been dealing with an asshole of a woman this morning, and I just wanted to take a moment to-"

"Did you meet Edith......?" Lizé questioned, cutting me off mid sentence.

"I came to warn her not to get her hopes up."

"Killian!"

"I didn't say anything mean, I just......" I stopped myself from speaking any further.

I couldn't really explain why I'd stopped by Edith's room, not at the moment.

But with Lizé by my side, I didn't have to think too hard about it.

'She's just a spy sent in by Count Rigelhoff, and if she hates her situation, she should blame her father.'

With that thought, I pushed Edith's sad eyes out of my mind.

I tried to erase them.

* * *