Part 2 Chapter 3: The Hilichurl god Demands Jade

The group met up with Zhongli outside of Liuli Pavilion after Sying gave Childe the narwhal chopsticks. Venti was no longer being dragged around since he could walk a little. The funeral consultant made sure that everyone was there before speaking.

"After having experienced the land of the absentee Archon, how does it feel to know our Archon and adepti are here all around you in Liyue?" Zhongli asked.

"Hey! I'm the best– Ow!" Venti yelled, but got smacked by Sying before he said too much.

"Let Aether answer the question, idiot." Sying hissed as the bard rubbed the spot he got hit.

"Liyue is the better place." Aether admitted.

"Indeed. The weight of three thousand and seven hundred years' worth of history runs deepest in the true divinity of Liyue. Organizing the Rite of Parting should prove to be an enlightening part of your travels." Zhongli commented.

"WHAT?!" Venti screeched, lunging at Aether, only to have Sying hold him back. "Seriously?! How could you like this stupid nation more?" The bard then began sobbing, and Astral dropped him onto the ground face first.

"Is he okay?" Aether asked, noticing that the Anemo god hadn't gotten up yet.

"Hm? Oh, he's fine." Sying dismissed the subject before turning his attention to Zhongli, who began speaking again.

"Liyue is now the most prosperous of the seven nations, defended by deities and ruled by the Qixing. As such, the diplomatic maneuverings of the Fatui have gained no purchase here. Ningguang of the Qixing has always been on her guard against the Fatui. That is in all likelihood why Childe wants to make use of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor's connections." Zhongli informed the group. The consultant handed Aether a bag of mora before continuing. "These are the advance funds that Childe has provided. If you use them up, you can go to him to apply for any subsequent funding." Aether looked at the money with wide eyes and Sying picked up Venti. "Well then, let us be off. The first step in our preparations shall be to obtain some prized Noctilucous Jade worthy of a deity." The group followed Zhongli to The Jade Mystery, a popular shop in Liyue Harbor run by a man named Shitou that sells all kinds of gemstones.

"Mr. Zhongli, you said that Liyue is now the most prosperous. Was there a nation better than Liyue?" Aether questioned. Zhongli looked over at Sying before replying.

"There was, indeed. Five hundred years ago, there was a nation more prosperous than Liyue. That nation was defended and ruled by its Archon and king, along with many advanced war machines. Unfortunately, that nation was destroyed a long time ago." The consultant answered quietly so the adeptus wouldn't hear them. When they arrived at the store, Venti had woken up and was back to normal.

"Welcome to the Jade Mystery, my good friends! Would you like to try your luck betting on jade? This could be your lucky day. It's cheap and it's fun, and who knows, you just might strike it rich!" Shitou announced.

"Betting? As fun as that sounds, we're here on important business." Venti said with a smile.

"We're here to buy Noctilucous Jade of radiant grade." Sying spoke up.

"Radiant grade Noctilucous Jade? I see, you're not tourists. My apologies. I have some here for your perusal." Shitou grabbed some boxes and placed them on a table. "What do you think? The Jade Mystery is an old name in the jade business. Just look at that wonderful quality! Rex Lapis doesn't often bless us with such finery. Go on, pick whichever one you like!"

"How do we pick? Should we just grab one?" Aether wondered. "What do you think, Mr. Zhongli?"

"Oh? You want me to decide? That is fine as well. If it were me, the answer would be simple." Zhongli decided.