Part 3 Chapter 2: Teppei of the Watatsumi Island Resistance

Thoma told the trio that they should see some people that were resisting the Shogun near Tatarasuna. So, Sying, Venti, and Aether traveled to Tatarasuna to the front lines where they would meet the Resistance, a group of people fighting against the Vision Hunt Decree. While they walked along the sandy beaches, they noticed two Shogunate samurai attacking a lone Resistance fighter. Venti and Aether handled one of the swordsmen, while Sying fought the other. Both samurai were quickly defeated, and the Resistance fighter came over to the trio.

"You saved me. I thought I was about to die. Thank you so much for your help." He said with a bow. "I'm Teppei of the Gobius Platoon. I'm with the Resistance."

"My name is Sying, this is Venti and Aether. So, Teppei, what happened here?" The adeptus wondered.

"I was sent to the front line just recently. I was looking forward to doing my part, but instead, it seems I fell at the first hurdle. Anyway, you guys don't look like you're from around Inazuma, are you here to join the Resistance?"

"Yes." Aether told the soldier.

"Great! Just the other day I heard General Gorou complaining about how desperate we are for more people. Your support will make a big difference. I'll escort you back to our camp, and on the way there, I'll update you on our current situation." So, the trio followed their new friend to the Resistance camp, where they were met with a boy with brown and white hair. He appeared to be half dog. "General Gorou, these people saved me from the Shogunate. Aether can use the elements without a Vision, and the other two have the power of the wind and stars. We should bring them in!"

"I presume you've heard that the goal of the resistance is to defeat the Shogun's Army and repeal the Vision Hunt Decree. This is no easy task. Each who sets foot on the battlefield must be ready to sacrifice their life. Tell me, why do you wish to join us?" Gorou questioned.

"My friend's Vision was almost taken. I want to avenge those that have had their Visions taken from them." Aether responded.

"I'm just supporting a friend." Venti chimed in. Sying stayed quiet for a moment before speaking.

"Well, the situation in Inazuma is pretty bad, and I want to help out. Also, I'll get to have a rematch with your Archon." Astral smirked.

"I see. On behalf of the Resistance, welcome to our ranks. Her Excellency is currently away from camp. We don't know where she went, but she instructed us to take care of everything in her absence. I'll ask Teppei to show you around." Gorou announced. With that, Teppei showed the trio the training grounds, and medical tents. He also introduced them to a few of his companions. When they were done, the group learned that Gorou had gone to Tatarasuna to fight off Kujou Sara and her Shogunate troops. The foursome got there just as the fighting broke out between both armies. Kujo Sara shot an Electro arrow at a Resistance soldier near Sying and the adeptus ran toward her with his sword out. Aether and Venti helped fight off some Shogunate as the enemy advanced. "Stand firm! Hold the line!" Suddenly, blue Hydro bubbles lifted up from the soggy ground as a girl with pink hair came into view with more Resistance fighters.

"The wait is over my comrades. Now is our moment!" She declared.

With her sudden appearance, Kazuha and Beidou also arrived and successfully helped the Resistance win the battle. Afterword, Sying learned that her name was Sangonomiya Kokomi and that she was the leader of the Resistance and the Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island. The trio was led by Teppei and Kokomi to Watatsumi Island, where they learned that the Resistance was being sponsored by a mysterious supporter. Then, Aether, Venti, and Sying were made captains of a special operations unit called Swordfish 2. After spending a few days with the members of Swordfish 2, Teppei returned from combat.

"Long time no see, guys! So, how's Swordfish 2 treating you? Getting along okay with everyone?" The Inazuman asked.

"Well enough." Aether replied.

"They were hard to train in the beginning, but they're fine now." Sying admitted as Venti hummed in response. The bard hadn't participated in the fighting, but instead boosted the morale of the soldiers, which Sying thought was helpful for once.

"That's good. You won't believe it, but I'm learning military management on the job now, just like you guys." Teppei boasted.

"So you got promoted?" Aether questioned, while Sying smiled to himself.

"This deserves a song!" Barbatos exclaimed only to be hit on the head by Sying's tail.

"That's right. You're looking at the captain of Herring 1! What do you think? Pretty awesome, right? I spoke to Her Excellency and she says our uniforms are in production. Let's go collect them together once they're ready. I can't wait to put them on! We're really gonna look the part. Ah, everything's going great. Our mystery sponsor's supplies have really helped turn things around." Teppei stated happily before leaving to handle a new mission. Soon after their friend left, the trio was told to go defeat a Thunder Helm Lawachurl that was causing problems for the Resistance. Thankfully, it was a star masked Lawachurl and Sying had no trouble convincing it to move elsewhere.

"That could have been bad. Thank the Eight we have Sying with us." Aether sighed in relief.

"Agreed. That Lawachurl looked pretty scary." Venti said. "Hm? Oh, hello Teppei." Sying looked over as the Inazuman came to them. His once black hair was now a gray color, and he was coughing.

"I didn't know you were the ones investigating here. I just got back from delivering some supplies to the front line. I figured I'd stop by and clear any threats in this area on the way back." He told them.

"Are you alright there, Teppei? You're not looking so good." Sying wondered.

"I'm fine, it's nothing. I must've caught a cold a couple days ago while I was out at sea. Anyway, I'll be heading back. I was just dealing with some of the Shogun's elite samurai, so I think I'm gonna take a quick breather, then it's on to my next assignment." Teppei answered. When the trio returned, Gorou was talking with Kokomi. He held a Fatui Delusion in his hand.

"It seems our mystery sponsor is the Fatui." The general stated.

"Why would the Fatui do this?" Aether wondered.

"Not sure. The reason doesn't really matter. Kokomi, order everyone in the Resistance to stop using the Delusions at once." The Nova Archon commanded.

"Teppei!" Aether shouted and ran off with the two Archons close behind him. They found their friend hiding behind a building. His hair was now white, and he seemed to be on the verge of death.

"What are you guys doing here?" Teppei questioned.

"What's been going on with you?" Venti asked.

"Well, I've made a lot of great contributions to the war effort lately." He answered.

"Tell me about the secret weapon. When did you start using it?" Aether wondered.

"It wasn't long after you three were made captains of Swordfish 2. I met these mysterious people, said they were with our supporters. They gave it to me and said that as long as I have the will to become stronger, this secret weapon will answer my call. It's just like a Vision." The soldier replied.

"This is a Delusion." Sying declared simply.

"That doesn't sound very good. So, what's the difference?" He inquired.

"A Delusion drains the user's life force." Aether explained. Teppei coughed before speaking.

"Guess I didn't receive the favor of the gods after all." He laughed. Sying bent down to meet Teppei's gaze.

"That's not true. You've received my favor." Astral spoke as a dark blue glow shone before Teppei's open palm. There rested an Inazuman Nova Vision.

"Who are you?" Teppei wondered.

"Astral, the Nova Archon of Khaenri'ah." Sying answered. Teppei clutched his Vision tightly.

"Thank you, my Lord." He smiled. And with that, the trio made their way to the southwest part of Yashiori Island to a Delusion Factory, to get revenge for all those affected by the Delusions.