The Prologue Chapter 5: Knights of Favonius

"Stormterror... is attacking Mondstadt itself! Kaeya, Aether, Sying, you've come at the right time. We must..." Amber said but was cut off by the man Aether now knew as Kaeya.

"Hold on, Amber. Are you perhaps forgetting to introduce us?" Kaeya reminded the girl.

"Oh, right." Amber looked at us. "This is Kaeya, our Cavalry Captain." She turned her attention to the blue haired man next to her. "This is a traveler from afar, Aether. And I'm sure you remember Sying." Amber proceeded to tell Kaeya what happened on the way to Mondstadt.

"I see. Welcome to Mondstadt though you haven't arrived at the best of times, I'm afraid. I understand the anguish of being separated from family. I'm not really sure why you're looking for the Anemo god, but everyone has their secrets, right? Haha, relax. I won't press you for more." Kaeya laughed, noticing Sying staring at him. "First and foremost, on behalf of the Knights of Favonius, I would like to extend our thanks to you for your help just now."

"Well, we couldn't just leave the situation to fester." Aether told the Cavalry Captain. Sying stayed silent since he didn't actually help at all.

"Your fight to defend the city against the dragon just now was witnessed by no small number of citizens. The Acting Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius is also very interested in meeting you, and formally invites you two to our headquarters."

Jean leaned against her desk worriedly. She had sent Kaeya to retrieve the travelers Amber brought back with her, but he was taking longer than expected. She looked up at the clock and upon seeing the time, decided to get Kaeya, Amber, and the travelers. When she was halfway across the room, her friend Lisa called out to her.

"Jean, what's the hurry? I thought we agreed to meet them here." Lisa reminded the Acting Grand Master, closing her book.

"There have been sightings of Stormterror outside the city. Once we meet, we must..." Jean said, but Lisa interrupted. The librarian leaned against the railing and faced Jean.

"Relax. I'll lend a hand when the time comes." Lisa said. The door to Jean's office opened and Kaeya walked in, followed by Amber. Aether looked around curiously, while Sying leaned against the wall with a bored expression on his face.

"Jean, I've brought them." Kaeya stated, making her turn around to face the group. Jean gave a grateful smile to the Cavalry Captain. Kaeya began telling Jean and Lisa what happened. "And once it was over I brought them straight here. Jean took a moment to think about the information Kaeya shared before speaking.

"Mondstadt welcomes you, windborne travelers." Jean said with a smile, making Sying smile back. "I am Jean, Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius. This is Lisa, our resident Librarian."

"Oh! Are you sweeties here to help us out? The two of you are so adorable! Lisa stated. "Sadly, the timing is regrettable... Stormterror has caused quite the ruckus in the region since its recent resurgence. Simply put, Mondstadt's elemental sphere and ley lines are now akin to a yarn ball in the paws of a kitten. For a mage, it couldn't get much worse. My skin is one elemental particle away from a full blown breakout." Aether sighed and Sying shook his head. Jean cleared her throat.

"If it weren't for this interference, the Knights of Favonius would have better ways to help you than just putting up missing person posters. We simply ask that you repose in Mondstadt while we help you seek out your sister." Jean told Aether.

"I should really help out as well." Aether said.

"I will also help. I would hate for Mondstadt to be destroyed." Sying agreed.

"Good. In that case we need a plan." Kaeya announced.

"With Stormterror now directly attacking Mondstadt, we may have an opportunity to cut this problem off at the source. Lisa has revealed the sources of Stormterror's power with her detection magic." Jean informed the group.

"Is that so?" Kaeya questioned.

"They're located in the abandoned Four Winds' Temples. Stormterror's ability to whip up these kinds of storms can be attributed to it drawing power from these temples." Lisa explained.

"Our objective is to deal with three of the four temples. I trust everyone understands why we are only dealing with three." Jean said. Sying nodded his head, while Aether tilted his head in confusion.

"Knights of Favonius, time is against us. The storm is rampant. There is no point in maintaining a defensive position. Alright. We need to take initiative and act before the situation escalates." Jean commanded. Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa left Jean's office, as the meeting ended.

"I was thinking you could help Amber, I'll help Kaeya, then we both meet up with Lisa." Sying suggested.