Meet the Last Curtis

You may know by the title im apart of the Curtis'. My name is Winter Curtis. Im technically the fourth Curtis. I hate but at the same time love it how overprotective my brothers are of me. Even Pony. Its annoying, but my brothers are all taller than me. I think Darry is almost a foot taller than me. Soda maybe ten inches. And Pony probably eight inches. It stinks being the shortest but you get used to it.

I dont look much like my brothers. I have blonde hair and blue green eyes. My eyes are kind of weird. Sometimes they are blue, sometimes there green. Then they could be both. Im around 5'2. Im 14 years old. Pony just turned 15. We are very close in age. Barely ten months apart. Soda is 18. Darry is around 21.

Im very close to Dally. Me and Johnny are very important to him. I hate to say it, but i care about Dallas' opinion. He is a person i look up to. I have the slightest crush on Johnny, but i think he likes someone else.

Today, Pony took me to the movies. He would of left me at home, but Darry told him he had to take me and he cant go by himself. I really didnt feel like going to the movies. I just wanted to sit at home and relax. Or go play some kind of sport. Anythung to where i could not sit still. Movies are to long. I like to constantly be in motion. Even when im just sitting there, ill be tapping my foot or moving my hands. Pony and Darry get annoyed with me alot. Soda is like me, so he understands.

We were walking home, Pony babbling about the movie, when i heard the sound of a car. "Pony stop", i said. We both turned around to see a mustang trailing us. I tried to run but Pony held me back. "Wait. Lets see what they want", he said. "Are you kidding Pony! They want to kill us! Lets go", i shouted, tugging on his arm; he wouldnt budge. The socs got out of there car and circled us.

"What are you doing with this greser pretty lady?", one of them asked. "This greaser happens to be my stupid older brother", i answered. "Hey!", Pony said. "Shut up Pony", i hissed. "If hes so stupid, maybe you should come with us", he suggested. "I would rather be with him than a dumb soc", i spat. That was it for us. They had us on the ground in seconds. I was punching the people in the face or anywhere i could. Pony was shouting for my other brothers and friends.

Soon i heard a shout. "Hey! Leave them alone!". The socs were gone and Darry hovered above me. "What were you thinking?", he asked. He stuck his hand out and helped me up. "It wasnt what i was thinking. It was what he was thinking. We could have made it home if Pony wasn't so stupid!", i yelled. "Relax Win. Im sure it wasnt Ponys fault", Soda said. "Yes it was! He wanted to wait and see what they wanted", i shouted. "Chill out kid", Dallas said, smoking a cigarette. "Shut up Dallas", i yelled and stormed in the house. I will tell you now, i am one of the only people that can get away talking to Dallas like that.

My brothers came in minutes later. Everyone else must have left. "Winter, you have homework", Darry shouted. "I dont care!", i shouted back. "You will do your homework Missy", he yelled. "Make me", i screamed. Im not the best in school. Thats Pony and Darry. Me and Soda have the harder time in school. I wish i could just drop out but no. I would be skinned by Darry. Pony think he has a hard time. But i have it worst. Darry expects to much from me but i just cant comply.

Later, Soda brought dinner up to my room. "Hey Winter", he said, sitting across from me on the bed. "Soda". He scratched the back of his neck. "You know Darry just wants whats best for you", he tried. "Yeah thats what you always say". "Well its true. I want whats best for you and So does Darry and even Pony". "No no no. Dont even bring him up. He got me jumped", i said. "He does love you, ya know". "Whatever. Thanks for dinner Soda", i said. "Your welcome. Just remember one thing", he said. "Whats that?", i asked. "No boyfriends til your thirty", he smiled. "But thats in fifteen years", i complained. He just laughed and left. What a great life. Not.