Weeks Up

After the week was up, Darry finally let me go out of my room. I put on short shorts that i stole and a tank top. Darry would never let me buy these, let alone Soda. They are way to protective. Wearing this outfit was my way of making a statement. When i went out to the living room, only my older brother, Dally, and Two-Bit were there. Dally looked me up and down and smirked. "You better change", he said. Pony and Two then looked at me.

Ponys eyes widened and Two-Bit laughed. "Whats it to ya?", i asked, lighting a cigarette. Dally then took it from me. "You dont smoke", he said. "I do now", i spat. "Darry is gonna kill you", Pony said. "And your not gonna tell him", i said. "Maybe, but you shouldnt worry about me keeping my mouth shut", Pony said, looking over at Two. He held his hands up in defense. "I can keep a secret", he pouted.

"Two you better not say anything", i said sternly. "You better go change", Dallas said again. "And if i dont?", i asked. "Then both of your other brothers will know about this", he threatened. "Whatever", i said, snatching the cigarette from his mouth and walking back to my room. I went out my window and started walking. I made sure that i didnt go anywhere near the DX or Darrys roofing company houses.

I was strolling down the street hearing wolf whistles and cat calls. Thats another thing i got from Soda. Good looks. One greaser came up to me. It was Curley Shepard i think. My brothers never let me go near the Shepards. "Hey girl. I havent seen you around", he said. "The names Curley", he said. "The names Winter", i said. "Cute name. Ive never met a girl named Winter before", he said. "Same", i said. "Want to go somewhere?", he asked. I wasnt thinking when i answered. "Sure".

He dragged me to his car and we were off. When i saw where we were going, i started to freak out. "Can we go somewhere else?", i asked. "I need gas. Is there something wrong with the DX?", he asked. "A little bit. My brother works there", i said. "He will be fine", he said. I knew it wasnt going to be ok, and i knew he wouldnt change his mind. We pulled up. I tried to cover my face, but i knew Soda would see me. His face was in shock. He stormed out of the DX. "Who are you with?", he asked. "Why are you dressed like that?" I was very nervous. Soda never ever got mad at me. But i would never show that i was shocked or upset. "Im with Curley and i can dress how i want", i said.

His eyes lit up with fury. "Your not aloud to be with him. And you cant dress like that. Ever. Out of the car. Now", he shouted. "No", i crossed my arms. He then picked me up as i kicked and screamed like a baby. "Put me down Soda!", i yelled as he dragged me in the store. He put me on the counter as Steve walked in. "Whoa! Who let baby Curtis walk out of the house like that?", he asked. Soda looked at him angrily. "Who did let you walk out of the house?", he asked. "I didnt walk out. I went out my window", i explained.

"Great. Im calling Darry", he said. My eyes widened. "You wont", i said. "Oh i will", he said. I went to jump off the counter, but Steve stopped me. "I dont think so baby Curtis. Im not gonna let you go when your brother is busy", he said. "I dont think so Randle", i said. I quickly kicked him hard in the shin and ran. I ran out to Curleys car that still happened to be there. I climbed in the front seat. "Step on it", i said. He sped off, leaving a dumbfounded Steve at the door, afraid to tell Soda what happened.