Escapee

Sodas pov

After a night of crying, i sat down on the couch with my cereal. I turned on the tv and the news was on. I took a bite of my cereal and was about to flip the channel. Then i saw something that made me pause. Winter was on the screen. "Pony! Darry!", i yelled. The two came running. "What is it Soda? I was about to get in the shower", Darry said. "Yeah, i have to get ready for school", Pony said.

"Look at the tv", i said.

They looked at the tv. The news women began her report.

"Two days ago, a young teenager was being taken away from her family to a orphanage because from witnesses, they say she was in a bad home. She somehow escaped from the moving truck and ran into the woods on the highway. She is expected to be heading home to her family and friends, though im not sure why she would want to go back there."

I looked at my brothers. They were shocked. "We gotta go find her", i said, getting up and going for Darrys keys on the counter when Darry stopped me. "Didnt ya hear? She's expected to come home. We can wait for her here", Darry said. "Shes not gonna come home", Pony said. I looked at him. "What? How would you know?", i asked. "Well, i dont know if i should say", Pony muttered. Darry grabbed him by the front of the shirt and pulled him closer. "If you dont realize Pony, our baby sister is out there all alone. She could be dead..." "Dont say that!", i said. "...there's no messing around now. If you know something, you better tell us now", Darry finished.

Pony gulped, and nodded. Darry let go if him, and Pony brushed himself off. "Johnny broke up with Winter before she left."