Awoken

I woke up sweating like crazy. "Pony, you ok?", Soda asked. "Yeah", i said. I really wasnt. I had a nightmare of the fire. It was very vivid and detailed. It showed every detail of what happened to Winter. I shook a little remembering it.

"Whats wrong Pony?", Soda asked. "Soda i feel like this is my fault. What happened to Winter. Its my fault", i explained. "Hows it your fault?", Soda asked. "We would have never had all this happened if i had walked home with her that one night. If i hadnt ran away, she would have never came with Dally to see Johnny and me. She said she missed me and i didnt say it back. She said i love you abd i never said it back. I feel awful", i said, hugging my knees. "Relax buddy. Im sure shes ok. Im sure she knows that you love her", Soda said. But he even seemed a little unsure. "Go to bed. Darry and I took off tomorrow to go see her", Soda said. I relaxed a little. I wanted to see her tomorrow so i needed to sleep.

Tomorrow

I woke up to Soda shaking me. "Better get up so we can see Winter", he said. I jumped out of bed and raced to get ready. Darry and Soda were waiting outside for me. We drove to the hospital and went right up to her room. A doctor was coming out when we got there. He looked at us sadly. "She came out of surgery. She had a broken arm and leg and severe burns. She has a cast on her broken bones and we put some special lotion on the burns. She will live. But i dont know when or if she will wake up", the doctor confirmed.

That set my heart racing. Shes alive but we wont know if she'll make it. We all went into her room minus the doctor. She laid on the bed, looking sickly. The burns had a thick white coat of lotion on them. Her casts were a gross green color. Winter wouldnt want us to see hrr like this. She would die of embarrassment. A nurse walked in and saw us. "Better be careful what you say. Even though she cant see you, she can still hear in a coma", she warned. "Thanks", we said.

"Hey guys?", i asked. "Yeah Pony?", they asked. "Should we really look at her now? She wouldnt want any of us to see her in a weak state", i said.

Winters pov

He is right. I dont want anyone here. I dont want to be seen like this. I must look awful. I cant open my eyes or mouth, so i have no choice in whats going on. I cant move my body either. I just get to sit here and listen. This is killer. If only i could say one thing, i could be fine. I really hope i wake up soon. I hate sitting around. It makes me feel fat and stupid.