Comatose

"What do you mean 'you don't know how long'?" I asked, the tears pausing for a minute. "Your a doctor, arent you!" Darry and Soda pulled me back, trying to clam me. Dr. Lyons fixed his glasses, flustered by my outburst. "Winter will be in a coma, but we don't know if she will wake up. We can't keep her here forever, so we'll have to pull the plug, so..." Dr. Lyons cut off, but I shoved him up against the wall. 

"Don't you dare say that! That's my little sister in there! She will stay on life support as long as it takes for her to recover!" Again, my brothers had to pull me away. "I think its best to go say your goodbyes now since there is no way of telling how long she'll be around," Dr. Lyons explained before scurrying away.

I began to pace back and forth, my brothers watching anxiously. Finally, Soda broke the silence. "Im going in," and without waiting for us, he pushed the door open. Darry and I made eye contact before following him in.

Winter laid on the bed, pale as ever. Her blonde hair laid sprawled out around her. Her eyes were peacefully shut, as if she were just sleeping. Soda sat beside her, taking her hand in his. "I love you, baby sis," he said sincerely, getting choked up.

Darry took her other hand, taking the seat opposite if Soda. "I love you to Win, no matter what has happened," he said, a tear rolling down his cheek.

I looked at her, her chest slowly rising with small breaths; the only indication that she was alive. "I would do anything to keep you alive, Win. You are the best sister that a guy could have, and I took that for granted. You may not have had the grades like me, but you were always smarter than me. You knew much more than I did. Ill never know how you did it either. You could tell when someone was lying; you knew Cherry was fake from the beginning, but I didnt listen as usual. Im so sorry Win. I would give anything to let you live because I have finally realized how important family is."

I looked down at her, to see that nothing had changed in her state. She was still hardly breathing, her eyes still clamped shut.

I sighed, turning away from the bed, disheartened. Then i heard a gasp from my older brother. My oldest saying, "Its a miracle."

I turned around to see Winter blinking rapidly, squeezing my brothers hands. "Winter! Your alive!"