We Are Alright

Winters pov

I sat in the hospital bed. I cried silently, replaying everything that had happened in my head. Why me? Ok, i know i did the wrong thing, but i would never wish what had happened upon anyone. Not even Pony. Ok, maybe that girl from school. Ok, im not that evil. Im back to not wishing it on anyone.

The boys burst through the door. I slightly flinched, but i knew they would be in here soon enough. I felt really weak. I didnt want them to see me in this state. Just like a few months ago when i was hurt from the fire. Soda and Johnny were crying from happiness or worry, im not sure. Darry was smiling slightly. Dally was smiling. Two was laughing. Pony wouldnt meet my gaze. Steve wasnt here.

"Hey Winter. You ok kid?", Dallas asked. "I.. I dont know", i said. The doctor already told me i would be fine. I wasnt pregnant, but the worst news was, i wouldnt be able to have kids again. I loved kids, and when i was older and married to the guy i loved, i definitely wanted kids. My dream is ruined. "Im so sorry Wint. We should of let you date Johnny. You can if you want to. I never want something like this to happen again", Darry said. Soda nodded, but Pony still wouldnt look at me.

I stared at him oddly. Im surprised he isnt making fun of me for looking so weak. "Why?", i asked. Everyone looked confused. "Why what?", Soda asked, unsure of what i was asking. "Why wont he look at me? Did i do something?", i asked. I dont think i could of done something to make Pony upset with me. I mean, its my own fault that im in the hospital again.

Pony looked up tears in his eyes. Soda and Darry pulled him into the hallway while the other guys stayed with me.

Ponys pov

Soda grabbed my shirt and dragged me towards the hallway and Darry followed. "Why are you doing that Pony?", Soda asked. "Dont make her uncomfortable or upset. You know what happened, and she needs support from her brothers that it will be ok, especially you because of the bad relationship you have", Darry said. "Yeah i know. Im sorry", i said. I just felt so bad.

"Now lets go in back in there", Soda said and he dragged me back in there.

Winters pov
While brothers are in the hallway

Dally came over towards me. "Who did it?", he asked softly. "C..Curley Sheppard", i whispered. I watched anger fill his eyes. "Im gonna hurt him. Then im gonna hurt Tim", he growled. "Do whatever Dal. It wont ever make this better", i said. He looked pained to see me like this. Johnny was beside me. "Your ok right Win?", he asked. I smiled just to asure him. "I hope so", i said. "I know what will make you feel better. Of course one of my great jokes", Two said. I smiled because of his effort when really, all i wanted to do was cry.

"Lets hear it Two", i said. "Ok ok. How did the baby learn to walk? Step by Step! Get it?!", he began laughing hysterically at his own joke. "Two-Bit that was lamer than your last joke", Dallas said. But Two kept laughing anyway which made me laugh. Ive always liked Twos personality. I also love his laugh. I looked at Johnny and he was trying not to laugh. He looked at me, and had sad eyes.

"Whats wrong Johnny?", i asked. "Im real sorry Win. I wasnt there to protect ya", he said. "Its my fault Johnny. I should have never got in his car", i said, but he refused to believe me. "So.. still interested in dating me?", i whispered. His ears perked up and he looked up at me. "Of course", he said without thinking. I smiled making him smile.

A minute later, Pony, Soda, and Darry walked back in. I looked at them and they smiled back. "When can i leave?", i asked. "The doctor said when you feel ready", Darry said. "Im ready", i said. They looked skeptical, probably because of my past lying. "Please? I dont want to be in here anymore", i said. Darry signed my release forms, and Johnny carried me out to the car. He placed me in the back seat and sat next to me. Darry got in the drivers seat, Soda in the passenger seat. The rest of the guys in the back. "Should we go pick up Steve?", Soda asked. "I guess. I mean, he is the... never mind. Lets go", Darry said pulling out of the hospital parking lot.

Two was still standing up and fell on his ass. I couldnt help but giggle. I could see he was laughing to as well as Dally and Pony. I put my head on Johnnys shoulder and i fell asleep.

Johnnys pov

Winter laid her shoulder on my shoulder. I could feel her breathing slow down. She had fallen asleep. This is how it should of been. None of this should of happened. I still balme her brothers, but i wont hold it against them. Maybe.