Nightmares

I was walking around at the lot, waiting for Johnny. He was supposed to be meeting me here for a date. I was sneaking behind my brothers backs. I had never even seen Curly before. I continued to walk. Johnny had to be around here somewhere. When i turned a corner, i saw the worst thing ever. Johnny was tied up, my brothers standing around him. Pony punched him in the stomach, Soda kicked him hard. "Think you can date our sister behind our backs? Think again", Darry said. Darry took his belt off and was about to smack Johnny with it when i yelled, "Stop it!" They all looked at me.

"You disrespected us", Darry said walking towards me. I started to back up. My other brothers followed him. "You knew you werent allowed to date him, but you did it anyway...", Soda said. "Wait for the beating your gonna get", Pony said. They all circled me, sizing me up. Johnny struggled against the rope, but he couldnt do it. He was forced to watch what was about to go down. Then they lunged at me.

I woke up screaming. I looked around and saw we were about to pull into the driveway. My scream scared Darry so much he hit the mailbox. "Whats wrong Winter?", Soda asked, full of concern as he turned around in his seat to look at me, but i sat back as far as i could. Johnny looked afraid. "What happened Winter? You ok?", he asked. I hugged him tightly, and he hugged back. I was so happy to know he was ok. I wouldnt let go of Johnny so he carried me in.

He put me on the couch and sat next to me. I cuddled into his side. Then everyone else came in. Im guessing my older brothers let everyone else know what happened. "Why did ya scream Win?", Two asked. But i didnt answer him. I felt like i lost my voice. I just looked at him, but not as afraid of him as i was of my brothers. Pony sat down next to me; I scrambled across Johnnys lap and sat on his other side. Pony looked hurt and Johnny and Two looked confused.

Soda, Darry, and Dally came in and saw everyone looking at me. "What happened in here?", Darry asked. He sat down in his chair which was deadly close to where i sat. I cuddled even closer to Johnny. "I... I dont know", Two-Bit said. "Johnny what did you do?", Soda asked, sitting next to Dally on the other couch. Two was still standing, looking at me. "Nothing. Ask Pony", Johnny said, holding onto my shivering body.

"Pony, what happened?", Darry asked irratibly. "I... I sat down and Winter ran away from me", he said. "Why did ya do that Winter? Pony didnt do anything wrong!", Darry yelled. I guess he was still angry about hitting the mailbox. I flinched at his yell, and he seemed to soften up. "I didnt mean to yell Win..."  but i got up and ran to my room. Everyone looked at where i ran then to Johnny. I laid down on my bed curled into a small ball.

Johnnys pov

I watched Winter jump up and run back to her room. I stared after her, even when she wasnt there anymore. When i turned back around, i noticed all eyes on me. "What?", i asked. "Do you know why shes acting like that?", Darry asked. "No", i said. "Can you?", Soda asked. "Why me?", i asked. "Your her boyfriend!", Soda said. "Your her brothers!", i said. "Yeah, but she seems like she doesnt want to be around us", Pony said. "Ok. Ill go ask her", i said.

I slowly walked over to her room. I opened the door and saw her curled up on her bed. "Who is it?", she whispered. "Johnny", i said. She sat up and i saw the tears clouding her eyes. I saw the present fright on her face. "Come here, and close the door", she said. I did as asked and went over to her. Once i sat on the bed, she tackled me in a big hug. "Im so afraid", she whispered. "Why? Whats wrong? What happened?", i asked.

"So much. I had a really bad dream...", she said. A dream... really? The tough almighty Winter is afraid of a dream? "Come on Win. It was just a dream. You are fi.." "No Johnny. You dont understand. So many things happened. I had never met Curly. We were dating in secret, bu.. but my brothers found out. They tied you up and beat you. When i tried to stop them, they tried to beat me too. Im scared Johnny. Will they hurt me?", she asked.

I sat there with my mouth agape. Now i know her personal fear. The almighty stereotype of the guy being stronger. She knows the strength of us guys around her. She doesnt want to be turned on especially being the weakest which isnt bad. She is still pretty strong.

"No Winter. I dont think that would ever happen. Your brothers love you", i said, but i was angry. This was because of how protective her brothers are. If her brothers had trusted her in this relationship, she would not be scared out of her mind right now. But, really, Winter isnt the most trustworthy person. Unless you ask her to keep a secret. She wouldnt tell a soul no matter what.

"Im gonna go talk to your brothers", i told her. "Please dont!", she said, wiping a few tears away. "I need to. I need to fix your problem", i said. I stormed out of her room to confront the Curtis brothers.