Untitled Part 14

A day before Remus birth day,
Lola was fussing about in a frenzy of decorating, asking Remus wonderfully discreet questions, such as 'whats your favorite colour Remus?' which get the response of 'green.'
and 'whats your favorite song Remus,' 'all the young dudes, mott the hoppie.'
and Sirius personal favorite,
'what do you want for your birthday Remus?' which got the poetic response of 'a day of quiet away from all you poofs.' Before he left the room.

"Lola, you really don't need to-" James sighed, looking over the room, which was decked out with red gold and green streamers, green table cloths, and fake clouds that smelled of rain, (which Lola had figured out was Remus favorite scent.)
mary macdonald, a muggleborn girl who could have been lolas twin, and marlene mckinnon, had both lended their hand, to James distain, the two were lily evans best companions, though both more pleasant than snape.

"but its sooo fun." Macdonald giggled, she was fiddling with the record player and bickering with mckinnon about if they should play abba or the beatles first.

"hes coming!" peter burst into the room through the portrait hole.
"okay, pete cake." Sirius shouted, and peter waved his wand, a cake appearing on the table, sitting next to the record player.

Then Remus walked in, he looked tired and frail, bags hanging under his eyes.
he caried about seven books in his arms which he nearly dropped when the other kids shouted.

"happy birthday Remus!" all of the maybe twenty people in the room cheered, some of them made fireworks or sparklers with their wands, others debated on what music to play.

"what did you three do?" Remus sighed as he came over to where James, peter, and Sirius were standing,
"if you didn't want us to find out, why did you give me your sisters address?" Sirius snickered,
"I dislike you." Remus rolled his eyes, looking away.
"no you don't," James grinned, "you love us."

"yeah," Remus sighed, "I suppose I do."

"whens your birthday Sirius?" Remus asked one evening in april.
"November third." Sirius yawned, looking up from a book Remus had assigned him to read.
"we didn't celebrate." James sat up from where he was trying to sleep on the floor,
"you've been twelve for... what? Six months? This is blasphemy." He scoffed.

"its fine, I don't really like doing birthdays," Sirius shrugged, when he was back at home, his mother had insisted on throwing extensive parties and getting horribly expensive presents with all his family present.

"so, let me get this straight, you contacted my SISTER, to find my birthday, after I told you not to, after YOU hid your birthday from us?" Remus laughed, tossing a piece of crumpled up parchment at Sirius head.

"I didn't hide it, you guys just didn't ask-" Sirius snorted, putting down his book,

"whats your favorite cake?" James asked, laying back down,
"red velvet with buttercream frosting," Sirius smiled, "but I don't want-"
"that is the poshest possible answer-" Remus laughed,
"but you made my favorite cake, so I'll make yours." He grinned.