Chapter 15

Aaidah:

I decided I will go to a doctor once Alaida's marriage is over. My heart is beating faster everytime I look at Aaran. That black panjabi is making him look extraordinary even though it's a simple panjabi. It's not even that gorgeous. What am I saying? Him looking extraordinary? No no! He looks ugly exactly like a monkey.

“He is your husband so you can take his picture.” Zaria teased me. It’s actually the first time she ever teased me. Usually she is the quiet one. I mean I never saw her talking to Aaran neither he talks to her. It's almost one year since she got married to Asael bhaiya then why is she not close to Aaran? Is it because he is a guy?

I came back to reality after Zaria called my name again. “Lost in his thoughts huh?” She smirked at me. “Who would be lost in that monkey's thoughts?” She started laughing after what I said. “Monkey? That's a unique nickname you gave to your husband.” I smiled seeing her laughing and being happy. Cause today her mood was off yet she smiled at every guests because she didn’t wanted any relatives to say anything bad like their elder daughter-in-law is so rude. Typical asian relatives.

We stopped talking when Asael bhaiya came and said that they still didn’t found Ahren. I frowned, where he went to? Shit! Did he ran away? Wallahi I will kill him then. I looked around and didn’t found Alaida too. Now where she went to?

After a while Aaran and Sabin came. “Something happened.” His voice is serious. Did something happen to Alaida? She is also missing. “Ahren took Alaida to his home because she passed out.” Something about his voice is telling me that he is lying.

“What? You guys didn’t even told us? Where is she? Let me go to my daughter.” Maa started yelling who is also crying now. “Maa please understand. Ahren will take care of her. You can meet her when the situation is under control. I promise I will take you to meet her.” He then looked at baba as if signalling something.

I was right cause now baba came to maa consoling her and telling her that they will meet Alaida tomorrow. What actually happened that she passed out? Why Ahren took her to his home without telling anyone anything. Since she got married today her family have the right to see her for one last time. At least Ahren should have come and inform us everything before just taking her to his home like this. I'm thinking how come Aaran didn’t say anything? He is usually overprotective. Then what happened now? I will have to talk to him later about this.

Ahren's maa went towards maa, “Don't worry Safia. She is like my daughter. I will take care of her. You can come tomorrow, not only tomorrow. You can come anytime to meet her. You have every right on her.” At least his maa is good otherwise I can't trust Ahren. I mean I trust him as my friend but when it comes to Alaida I can't trust him. My gut feelings don't let me trust him.

His maa left quickly. We all also decided to leave. My poor baby, she was hungry and came to eat so excitedly but suddenly everything changed. I hope she eats something there after she wakes up.

Baba, maa, Asael bhaiya and Zaria are going in one car. Bhaiya will drive. Maa told Aaran to take me with him instead of letting me go with the driver. He obviously agreed. One thing I noticed is that he will never say no to his maa. He respects maa a lot. That's good. Our mothers deserves everything only if they are good. Alhamdulillah both mine and his maa are good and always treated us nicely. “Will you come?” His voice brought me back to reality.

I followed him outside to his ca- bike. He didn’t brought his car today. “Allah Hafez bhabi. Ahvi said it too.” Sabin said making me look at him. I smiled at both of them. “Allah Hafez.” They left too. I looked at Aaran's bike then at him. “What? Don't tell me you are scared of riding in a bike?” He is taunting me.