Chapter 9

THIS IS PART ONE OF THIS CHAPTER, THE SECOND PART IS AN RATED R VERSION WHICH I HAVE POSTED IN MY RESTRICTED CHAPTERS ON MY PROFILE! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ PART TWO OF THIS CHAPTER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO; I'VE MADE IT SO THAT THIS CHAPTER CAN STAND ALONE!

*******************************************************************************

Alonzo stood still and cold as a statue with Katrina securely by his side, while he stared at the one woman whom he thought he had loved. He could only imagine the thoughts running through her mind. How dare Marissa call Katrina a bitch and to go on to say that she'd trapped him; it was all nonsense and his patience was running thin. Katrina was beginning to tire out; the events of the day were too much for her. He had to think about her condition and of his child. He needed to get her to his house; their house, soon it would be their home.

He looked into Marissa's eyes and had the pleasure of seeing her flinch; she still feared him in her heart. Then her cold brown eyes turned toward his fiancé; anger consumed her. He'd broken her over the years just as she'd broken him, that fateful night. Pulling her back and forth, just as she'd played tug of war with his heart. He'd made her feel disposable, by having sex with her, without any emotion, and then discarding her as if she was a used rag. How had she expected him to treat her after she'd taken away his joyous spirit and tainted the thought of love. Now he was incapable of love, forever, regardless of the woman.

 He looked down at his fiancé with something close to sorrow; he couldn't be sure, he'd never felt anything this powerful before. This girl was his destiny. Had he known they would marry, he could've loved her and he was positive that if it'd been her in the first place, things would be different. Well the best any man in this business could. It was her sister that had latched on to him and mutilated his heart. Now that he was marrying Katrina, it was too late; she'd want more than he could give her, something that would have been possible years ago. He could offer her stability, and great sex between a husband and wife, but he didn't have the patience to see if he could fall in love again.

Alonzo was broken out of his thoughts when he felt Katrina shaking. He immediately turned her around in his arms and studied her face. She looked up at him with a bright red face and once jaded green eyes, which now burned with fury. Her normally plush pink lips seemed to be a thin white line. He looked down to see her tiny hands, clenched into fists; she was furious. He thought she was shaking because she was beyond exhaustion, but exhaustion was not a feature that graced her beautiful face; she was trying to control her anger. His father had been right once again, her pregnancy hormones were kicking in; if it wasn't such a bad time, place, and situation he would struggle to keep his cold appearance; she looked breathtakingly beautiful upset, but this was no laughing matter.

 "What's the matter whore? Has Alonzo already taught you how to behave, not to lash out? Oh what a shame, I do love a good cat fight." Marissa said menacingly

 Alonzo felt Katrina still in his arms and had the displeasure of watching her eyes darken; his core hardened.

 "You be careful to watch your tongue Marissa. You make her upset, for what reason? You can't be jealous of her, when you so blatantly disgraced yourself years ago. It would be best not to upset her any further, or you will anger me," he stated through clenched teeth

Marissa's eyes darkened. "Disgraced, Alonzo? Does your little fiancé know that I still grace your bed? Not even Veronica could stop you from wanting me; this shy, coward fiancé of yours won't either. Look at her, clutching on to you as if her life depended on it; she's more of a coward than I thought. You may get the ring and have the baby, but I'll always have something you want; his heart." She stated cockily.

 For the first time Alonzo felt Katrina clutching to him. His royal blue shirt, submerged into her white knuckled clenched fist; her head buried into the crook of his arm."Marissa I'm warning you. Close your mouth and leave this house immediately. I've never put my hands on a woman, and I'm tempted with you. There are other ways, menacing ways to hurt you. Have I not done so already?" he said, his patience slipping.