Chapter 18

She stared through the scope of her Accuracy International L115A3.338 sniper rifle 2.47 kilometers away, with her hand on the trigger. She watched as a woman held a gun to Amalia's temple. She had just landed in Italy and was on her way to meet with her father when she got the recording. She listened through her earphones as she concentrated on her target.

"Alonzo and Katrina are going sightseeing today, I don't know exactly where I'm positive that one of the places will be Piazzale Michelangelo. Alonzo gave them all a safe word just in case something happened and they got split up. The word is Musahi, it means safe and sound. There are also two children with them and I beg..."

The recording stopped and replayed again. She had no doubt that the maid was pleading for the life of the children. She had no right to plead for anything, no rat did. She wanted to see the look on her face when she found out that her sister was already dead. Rats were good for one thing and if it wasn't for this rat she wouldn't be here doing what needed to be done.

Sweat begin to build at the corner of her brows, she'd killed plenty of people not to be nervous. Her father had trained her for this many years ago. She focused on her target and held on tightly to her sniper. It was a tricky situation they were in, that was for sure. The least she could do was give them a way out. With one eye squeezed shut, she peeked through her scope as she pulled the trigger. The gun recoiled bouncing back into her upper body, right below her collar bone. Her earplugs had done little for her ears as they rung. She would have to explain to her father why she could barely hear a word he was saying. She watched as the woman's body hit the ground. She then focused on an unmoving Amalia, who probably couldn't hear a thing.

She went to pack-up her gun when she realized something that damn near threw her on her ass. She quickly looked through her scope again and zoomed in on Amalia's stomach. Time seemed to stand still as she noticed that she was pregnant, her small bump noticeable to anyone's eye. She struggled to breathe, as her heart beat rapidly. How come she didn't know about this? Did her father know? She would be discreet and see, after all, she wasn't supposed to know that her father was trying to kill Amalia, and if he found out that she was saving her, she would surely be dead. She had disappointed her father many years ago and she couldn't afford to do it again. That bastard Marcello had to know and one day soon she was going to put a bullet through his head.

She packed her gun in its case and made her way out of the towering building. With shades on and her gun case, she jumped in her black Barabus TKR. Her engine roared and she sped to her father's temporary home in Siena, to make up for the time she'd lost.

-

Alonzo ignored the vibration of the phone in his pocket as he quickly tried to calculate how he could shot this woman without harming a hair on Katrina's body. It appeared impossible by the minute, he knew that their bodyguards were trying to figure out a way, with the same thoughts as he. No one could risk a bullet passing through Katrina that was only meant for this scum of a woman. He also knew that he was being selfish because he wanted to be the one that put the bullet in her head. His grasp on his gun tightened as he came to the conclusion that his wife might have to get a little scratched up in order for him to do what was necessary.

He heard it in the distance and before his mind could register what was happening, blood splattered, hitting him directly in the face causing him to close his eyes involuntarily. When he quickly reopened them, what was left of his heart dropped down to his feet. The grasp on his gun loosened as he stood frozen and stared at his blood-soaked wife, her skin as pale as a ghost and she stood as still as a statue. Deborah stood just as still behind his wife, and Alonzo tried to assess the situation from afar because his feet wouldn't carry him to her. Fear was deep within in him. Everyone around stood frozen, waiting to see what was happening, whose blood was it?