Addictive

On their way home he kept holding Variel, as he addressed Vis: "Something strange happened. After Lekal-Kayla was done I made love to Variel and as we both climaxed, some of his powers were extended to me. I touched fire and it didn't burn me. That never happened before."

Vis's eyes went wide with surprise and he glanced down at Variel - who had fallen asleep again on Tanier's chest - before looking back to Tanier. "Seriously? You just... got some of his power? Did anything else happen? Was there anything special about the sex?" He clearly had a million more questions, but he had picked these out of the well.

"A few things that I felt were special. I am not sure how what parts of the sex itself were special enough to make it happen. To say Lekal-Kayla used him roughly would be the shortest, yet not the most accurate description. 'Rough' seems to imply a certain element of not sticking to rules. All the time I kept watching him he seemed controlled and disciplined, almost like a machine. Which also seems to describe very well the level of care he displayed. He systematically and brutally fucked Variel and caused him pain like he didn't care the least bit about his comfort or feelings. I am more and more convinced that this is exactly what Variel needs and it is something I can't give him. I am his caretake. This may extend to making sure he gets what he needs, to find him someone who fucks him carelessly and without concern. But I have to make sure that he is still safe and well. As much of any of this can be safe anyway."

At this point he seemed to notice that the conversation was drifting off.

"Be this as it may be: Variel was completely out of it at the end. He was conscious, yet not really present. I saw his eyes and I can tell that they were open and seeing, but he surely wasn't seeing me, although I was right in front of his eyes. His body was radiating heat at that point. Lekal-Kayla noticed as well. He was almost too hot to be touched. I did it anyway. Touched him and fucked him and kissed him. I felt like I was engulfed in burning heat and when he came, there was more heat flowing into me and spreading through me. And his body no longer felt hot to my touch and I felt no longer tired or aching. It was a really strange feeling. I reached out for the candle, more on instinct than on any conscious thought and it didn't burn me. And that's it."

Vis listened with rapt attention to Tanier's account, taking in and analyzing every word. When the story was finished, he relaxed back in his seat with a low whistle. "It seems we are learning something new almost every day," he remarked, before reaching over to lightly stroke Variel's disheveled hair. "I could not begin to guess why, but it seems sex is somehow very important to his power. We figured this out a while back, yes, but not to this extent. You remember me telling you of how Xero spoke of his encounters with Baelin, how he felt when his lover dominated and practically tortured him. Variel himself told us of how he feels a rush of power that grows the more violent the sex becomes. It seems you have stumbled onto a new facet."

Vis trailed his thumb along Variel's jawline, enjoying the adorable sight of the boy fast asleep while he continued to speak. "Perhaps this is something we can explore... I understand why you cannot bring yourself to cross that threshold, but perhaps I could, in order to see if we can recreate this... After he has had time to rest, of course. I do care for him and wish to keep him safe, but I could forget about that for a time, if it is what he needs."

"I have been aware of this for a while, but it did reach a new quality today. If I had not been aware of it before, I would not have allowed Lekal-Kayla to go as far as he did. I am not sure, to witch extent I am able to do these things to Variel, but I am absolutely sure that I can not do everything at the same time: Give him what he needs, enjoy myself and make sure he is still safe. So you are very much invited to experiment. I am favouring the idea to do a lot of this together, for exactly the reasons I just described. I trust you with Variel, but I would feel safer and also enjoy it, if I can be involved. Maybe I will eventually even learn to trust you with myself and then I may enjoy having you around as my security when I am exploring. But at least for now I am much better as Variel's security and recovery, should he needs one."