Chapter 11 - The Psychopaths

Ain't No Sunshine - Shawn James

The evening before

As the doors to the dining hall closed, leaving the four of them alone heavy silence settled in. None of them quite knew what to say to each other or if they needed to say anything at all. Four of them were put to work together, Laion enjoyed the fact that she might have a chance to get back at the currently brooding man sitting across from the girl next to her. Liese didn't share the enjoyment at all, considering her school years and the hate game she played with the two men remaining in the room.

Lestrange was the only one who was eager to get to the task at hand, as he still rubbed the hurting place on the side of his head. Abraxas didn't look happy to be in the presence of the three people around him, but he was the one to tap his hand on the table between them to make a map appear once more.

"Excited to get to work, Malfoy?" Lestrange sat down next to his friend, receiving a bored look thrown in his direction.

"It looked differently when He showed it, are you sure you aren't showing us your finances or something?" Laion angled her head over the parchment that was barely similar to the map they all saw Riddle present to them. All four of them now staring at the parchment with two villages circled, the third erased from the map as if it never existed. Four pairs of eyes stared at the map that had been altered.

"My finances would have a few more zeros to them if I were to show you those." Malfoy rolled his eyes and turned the map around to face him, the text in dark ink appearing under the two remaining villages. Lestrange and Abraxas both skimmed through the words in a familiar to them handwriting, a cruel grin slowly forming on Lestrange's face as he took in the matter at hand.

A moment later he turned the map around, offering the opportunity to the two women across from them to read what Riddle thought of for them. Laion raised an eyebrow and looked back at the grinning Lestrange in front of them.

"What are you so happy about?" She inquired as such behaviour was alarming in more ways than one.

"Did I miss the line where it says he is going to get his dick wet..?" Liese looked over the text once more, the intended insult hanging in the air between all four of them.

"Only if you are offering." Lestrange mused, not at all offended as he leaned back in his chair with a welcoming gesture to his lap.

"Would you go to hell if I offered?" She raised her eyebrows at him, wishing she could send both of the men in the room to hell with a one-way ticket, that would make all of their lives much easier.

"Can both of you just keep it quiet while some of us try to work this out?" Malfoy snapped at them, cutting off Lestrange who was surely about to make another sexual remark.

"Someone got his pantaloons in a twist." Laion crooned but looked down at the man, reading the matters of their task once more "So does that mean we need to stop them from completing their tasks? Retrieve an artefact and get a stack of documents before the others do it, and we're done?"

Perhaps that sounded too easy to all of them, but Liese read the task once more, the third time just to be sure about what they were going to get themselves in.

"Even if we retrieve the stack of documents, who says the guy who owns those won't tell them what it was about?" Liese raised the question, Laion nodding her agreement, even if the latter already knew a great way to shut someone up. Forever.

A growing cruel smirk growing on Lestrange's face proved that he knew that way too.

"If you read it carefully, it does say what we need to do after we retrieve the objects," Abraxas noted dryly as if questions irritated him. Or it was just the presence of a woman in front of him.