Monster

"Wh-Where's that coming from?" Ace asked.

"...neeevvvaaa... ...iiivvv... ...ooouuu..." The voice repeated.

"Sounds like... it's getting closer." Deuce said.

"We better brace ourselves for whatever that is." You mumbled.

Nothing could've prepared you for what you were about to see. Nomu's and villains were enough to make you freeze in your tracks for a minute but this, made you stay still. It looked like a ghost but it wasn't one. It seemed to be made of some sort of thick, black sludge. It wore a tattered red shirt with brown patches, gold buttons and a black belt with a gold buckle. It held a large pickax in one hand and the other held a lantern that emitted a chilling red glow. It's head was what made your heart stop. It looked like a jar, but it was cracked and spewing that sludge from the cracks. The liquid was freely running down its face, like ink. It even had a brown hat on where the cork would be. "Stooonesss..." It roared in fury. "Stooonesss aaare miiiiine!"

The four gasped when they saw it. "There it is!" They all yelled in terror. That's when they took off running, trying to get to the exit. "What is that?!" Deuce asked.

"I wish I knew! That doesn't look like anything that I'm used to fighting!" You said. You had no experience in fighting with anything like that, and you didn't want to know what would happen if that ink like sludge touched you. Grim just screamed in fear, a perfect reflection for your thoughts on that thing.

"No one said there'd be monsters!" The cat like creature said. "Let's get outta here!"

"That thing's super creepy!" Ace said. He then thought of something it said and stopped running. "But didn't it just say something about stone?!"

"Wait what?!"

The remaining three stopped running. They turned around and saw that monster following them. "Stooonesss..." It growled. "...nevvva give stooonesss...!" That sentence made the group gasp.

"So there are still magestones here!" Deuce said.

"Whatever this thing is, it knows where they are." You said.

Grim groaned as he grabbed onto your leg and shivered in fear. "Even as a master sorcerer, I-I don't think I can take that thing down!"

"But we need a magestone or we'll get expelled!" Deuce said. His face changed from a look of fear to one of determination. "I'm going in!"

"Are you outta your mind?!" Ace said, looking at the blue haired boy like he just grew a second head.

You grabbed Deuce's wrist before he could take a step towards that monster. "Wait, it'll be too dangerous!" You said. "We don't even know what it could do!"

"I won't be expelled!" Deuce said, snapping his wrist free from your hand. He pulled his pen from his pocket, with a fire in his eyes as he stared the beast down. "No matter what!" Before you could intervene, he ran forward to fight. Just as he got close to the beast, it swung its pickax at him.

     "Begone!" It yelled as he swung. "Begone! Begooone!" The butt of the metal end collided with Deuce, sending him flying to the wall. A thud was heard as his body met the wall. The monster was now looming over him, swinging the pickax up. If it hit, the blow will be fatal.

    "Deuce!" You yelled. You immediately ran towards the monster. As you ran, you shook it hands and activated your quirk. You used the dust to make a staff, and ran faster. Just as the pickax was swinging down at him, you quickly got in front of the boy and used the staff to block it. A clang echoed throughout the area. Deuce looked up in shock.