For the Crown

That night, you had another dream. As before, the mirror rippled and glowed while everything became monochromatic in your subconscious. 'Again?' You thought. This time, the girl stood behind a podium in front of the Queen of Hearts in a courtroom. "And as for you, Your Majesty... 'Your Majesty' indeed!" The girl said. You were taken aback by the sass this girl showed. "Why, you're not a queen. You're just a fat, pompous, bad-tempered ty... tyrant." She went on. You had to cover your mouth to keep laughter at bay. Your grin went away when you saw the queen's face.

The Queen of Hearts hummed, mockingly. "What were you about to say, my dear?" She asked, daring the child to finish that sentence. You grew nervous with the girl.

That's when a cat appeared, sitting on the queen's head. "Well, she simply said that you're a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old tyrant!" He said, giggling in delight.

"OOOOOOOOOOFF WITH HER HEAD!"

The card soldiers started to surround the girl. You started to run towards her to help her but stopped in your tracks. No one in these dreams can see you, and there's nothing you could do but watch in horror as the cards continue to close in on her. "You heard what Her Majesty said!" The king yelled. "Off with her head!"

The girl took off running with the card soldiers chasing after her. That's when everything faded away, leaving you in nothingness. 'If only someone stopped the queen before this madness began.' You thought. Then, you woke up in your room. You sat up in your bed, thinking about the dream.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Grim said when he noticed you awake. "Ah, good, you're already up."

Ace stormed into your room. He had swung the door open so hard, you cringed when it banged against the wall. "Today's the big duel!" He said. "Let's do this thing."

"Get out of my room so I can get changed." You said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the maze in Heartslabyul, the dorm members are talking about the duel that's supposed to take place. "Did you hear?" A freshman asked some of his dormmates. "They say someone's challenged Housewarden Riddle to a duel!"

"Riddle Rosehearts? Seriously?!" A sophomore said. "Whoever it is has gotta be outta his mind. Riddle will have his head off in five seconds flat."

"Still, it's the first challenge since Rosehearts took power." A junior said. "I'm pumped!"

"You're saying Ace and Deuce are challenging Riddle for the housewarden's seat?!" Cater said. His eyes were wide in disbelief as he learned who the challengers are. "Please tell me you're kidding."

"I tried to stop em." Trey said, rubbing the bridge of his nose in exhaustion.

"Of all the stupid ideas... I just hope this doesn't make everything worse."

"You and me both."

It wasn't long before the four arrived in the maze with the headmage. The rest of the dorm crowded around Riddle and the two freshmen. Crowley stood by the side in the middle. "We are about to commence two challenges for the housewarden position at Heartslabyul House." Crowley announced. "The first challenger is Ace Trappola. The second challenger is Deuce Spade. The current housewarden they have challenged is Riddle Rosehearts. Now, in accordance with the duel rules, please remove the magic sealing collars as they would provide an unfair disadvantage."

Riddle did so, making the two sigh in relief that they're gone. "Finally, the dumb collar is off!" Ace said.

"Enjoy your moment of freedom." Riddle said mockingly. "The collar will be back on soon enough. I could hardly believe it when I heard you two intended to duel me. Is this a joke?"