Gathering a Team

They arrived at Trey's room. Ace knocked on the door before they entered the room. "Yo man, how's it going?" The ginger asked as they entered the room. Trey laid in his bed with his injured ankle propped up on a pillow. Cater was by side.

    "How are you feeling Trey?" Deuce asked.

    "We came all this way just to see your sorry face." Grim said. "It's cool don't get up."

    "You should really stay in bed." You said. You kinda wished Recovery Girl was here, so she could heal all the injured students. You then thought about it and was glad she wasn't around. Not every boy would appreciate being healed by a kiss, as funny as seeing it would be.

    "Well, if it isn't Hunting Season!" Cater said. "And Grim and (Y/N) too! You're rolling deep today."

    "Hey, Cater... I'm lost." Ace said. "Whaddaya mean by 'Hunting Season'?"

    "I mean it's you guys! You're Ace, he's Deuce— that's what you call an Ace Deuce in poker!"

    "Don't give us a couple nickname!" Deuce said.

    "That's what I'm gonna call you two from now on." You said.

    "Please don't."

    "Riiight... anyway how d'you feel, Trey?" Ace asked. "And how'd you get hurt?"

    "That I wanna know." You said.

    "Slipped on the stairs." Trey said. "I couldn't catch myself and my ankle got all messed up. I'll be on crutches for a while."

    "Yikes. That sounds pretty bad!" Deuce said.

    "Yep. Looks like I'll be warming the bench at the Spelldrive tournament this year."

    "I was hoping your injury would be small enough for me to justify keeping this." Grim said. He walked over to you and jumped up, using his claws to dig into your blazer. He took one paw and pulled out a can of tuna before jumping back down to the ground. You were wondering when he put a tuna can in your blazer pocket. "But here." He handed the can to him. "I brought ya a get-well can of tuna." His kind act made your annoyance and anger about him clawing at your blazer disappear. "Feel better, specs."

    Trey chuckled as he took the can. "Thanks."

    Cater groaned. "Hashtag #fail! Now that we"be lost a power player, we have to redo our team roster!"

    "Wait, what?!" Ace and Deuce said, getting excited about that.

    "Way to have your priorities straight guys." You said, rolling your eyes.

     "Why are there so many people in here?" Riddle asked as he entered the room. "Trey is supposed to be resting!"

     Grim yelped and hid behind your leg. "It's Ragin' Riddle!"

    "I am not 'raging.' I will be perfectly pleasant if you obey the rules!" He turned his attention to Trey. "How are you doing, Trey? Can I bring you anything to eat or drink?"

     "I told you Riddle: you don't need to fuss over me like this." Trey said.

     "But it's my fault that you got hurt."

     "What?" You said, finding it hard to believe.

     "He didn't tell us that part!" Ace said.

    "I needed to talk to him, so I went to the junior classroom at lunch." Riddle said. "And then..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~