Chapter 13: A Vital Plan

As Alex yelled out his resolve, the flames on his sword increased in intensity as he suddenly began to slowly push back, going from a knee to standing back on both legs until miraculously, he was able to clearly slash through both hands, cutting them off from its wrists as Alex had managed to fend off the attack.

The cost however was that his strength was completely drained not to mention his left arm was reacting the worst that it had ever been so far.

The Ice Titan though saw its hands completely cut off but paid no mind to it as it opened its mouth again, this time not forming an ice ball but rather charging up an ice beam.

Alex was far too tired to even stand as all he could do was look up at see the attack that was more than likely gonna end him.

Right as the titan was finished charging its attack Alex heard another loud roar, this time from behind him.

Suddenly, a massive dragon would land on the platform, shielding Alex with a wing and sending out its own beam as the two collided in the middle.

Alex looked to the side and was shocked to see what it was.

'Wait. The Red Benares from Nagazora? The hell is it doing here?' Thought the boy to himself.

To his astonishment, the dragon's beam began to outpower the ice titan's beam as it'd smack it right in the face.

The titan roared in pain as he fell backwards and collapsed down to the ground, seemingly defeated.

The dragon turned its attention to Alex as the boy tensed up and instinctively placed a hand on his sword's handle just in case it attacked.

He then saw someone jump down from above and down onto the floor as it was none other than Mei.

[A Few Minutes Ago]

From where she was in the downtown district, Mei was in utter shock at seeing not only the insane rise of harsh frigid weather, but also the giant landmass floating in the air.

"H-How did this happen?......" She said in shock as Raven approached from behind.

"And here I thought I could leave you alone for just a second. The heck happened?" She asked.

"Raven...." Said Mei as she was shocked at her sudden appearance.

"I've heard some info from Schicksal's comm channels. I have a faint idea on what caused this. Oh right here, you told me to get these."

Raven would then hand over the salvaged Scepters to Mei.

"The situation has changed. I've salvaged them as best as I could, though I still doubt if you'll be able to make them work." She said. "Now then, do tell me this plan of yours."

As Mei held and stared at the Scepters in her hands, her mind began to go over all that had happened so far.

She thought about Owl, his betrayal and escape, the pursuit, and lastly Alex's blunt words of disdain towards her before his departure.

Mei frowned at that as she gripped the Scepters harshly, the item crackling a bit as they gave off a red glow.

"Electromagnetic Fields." Said Mei.

"I knew it." Responed Raven.

"The Scepters use EM Fields to disrupt the link between the Herrscher and its core. Jackall didn't give any details, but I've experienced its powers and memorized the EM patterns it created."