Chapter 26. Wonderful suprises

"You were certainly not planned,
          But loved with everything in us"

Inez~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I opened my eyes with a banging headache as I scanned my surrounding

Inez
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I opened my eyes with a banging headache as I scanned my surrounding. My body tensed up when I saw the familiar room and felt the arm around me. It grabbed me and pulled me closer.

I rubbed my eyes before turning around to see him already smiling at me.

"I knew you would come back" he said with a calm voice. I smiled at him feeling the peace I haven't felt in those two months but it was quickly washed away with fear. What would happen to us if got together again? I quickly stood up and looked around for my purse.

"This isn't good!" I whispered as I frantically skinned around the room.

"What isn't good?"

"This..no, us!" I said while going around in circles.

"I thought we were good? I loved you.." he whispered. I barely heard a word coming out of his mouth as my mind went to the gods. What the hell are they going to do to him? Even worse! What if they found out my secret?

"What am I going to do?" I said to myself as I felt the tears of stress coming up my throat. Ambrose got out of bed and hugged me.

"No! Please don't! It'll only make it harder!" I said pushing him away.

"Make what harder Inez?"

"Staying away from you!" I screamed as the tears ran from my eyes.

"Why would you do that? Why did you leave in the first place?" He asked and walked towards me.

"It's not safe.. for either of us"

"Who said that?"

"I.. I just got a warning the night I left" I said and was ashamed I left, why didn't I fight for us? I couldn't look him in the eyes but he took a gentle grip of my face as he wiped a tear with his thumb.

"Inez, no matter what, I will protect you! From now on no one will touch you! Please just give us one more shot?" He said and looked at me. I could tell by his eyes he was sincere.

"I.. I would love that Ambrose. And I would of fought for us but I don't think you want to anymore.." I whispered once again taking a grip of his wrist to comfort myself that he wouldn't let go.

"Now why wouldn't I fight for us, Corazón?" He asked and smiled softly. I took a deep breath.

"Where's my purse?" I asked and he pointed to the desk chair. I walked over and took out the test I took the day before and walked over to him again.

I handed him the test fearing that he would tell me to leave. He took it confused until his eyes opened wide and his jaw hit the floor. The usual blue flame that used to be in his eyes was replaced by a small purple glimmer as he met my eyes again.