Chalter 28. Caged bird

"Tartarus will break you,
                               But oh,
                      Will you heal"

            "Tartarus will break you,                               But oh,                      Will you heal"

Inez
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I opened my eyes with a strong headache and took a deep breath.

I looked around to see darkness all around. There were no sunlight the sky was as dark as nothingness.

I was lying on the edge to a river but the river was not made out of water, it was lava. I felt my heart race as I looked at the other side of the rivers and saw all types of creatures.

A lion with wings was walking with proud steps as he talked to a half man-half horse person.

"Wakey wakey sunshine" a deep voice said as I was dragged up to my feet. I looked at the creature dragging me up. He looked like a big bull standing on two feet's. I felt myself freeze as I didn't know what to do.

"What? Never seen a minotaur before?" A pesky voice said behind him. I looked in their directions to see Ophelia standing there in her bird form smirking at me.

"A What?" I stuttered out. She rolled her eyes at me before the smoke consumed her for a brief moment and she turned back to her human form.

"Don't tell me that boyfriend of yours didn't tell you anything about us Monsters" she giggled.

"Ambrose..How do I get back?!" I screamed at her. Her playful smirk was quickly washed away with an evil glare.

"I think it's time for you to meet whoever brought you here" she said and snapped two fingers at the minotaur.

He grunted before putting some rusty handcuffs on me.

"What the hell is this?" I asked before I was dragged by the chain.

"This is hell honey" she smiled at me before walking.

Was I in Tartarus?

I was soon about to learn the answer the hard way.

As we walked through the underworld it was almost exactly how you would describe a medieval town. Old streets with houses and what looked like a trade market. I kept my head low as we passed the different creatures down here.

We walked for a few minutes before reaching the end of the ground. Ahead of us we're nothing but lava and a big dark cloud.

"I'll take it from here big guy" Ophelia said to the minotaur. He grunted before he slammed the chain down and dragged me down with it.

I grunted as I looked up once again. The Minotaur left when Ophelia gave a special whistle.

It took a second before you saw two birds flying our direction and landing right next to Ophelia.

"Inez. Meet my sisters" she smirked once more before their claws wrapped around my arms and carried me over the lava. I screamed in fear looking down at the hot bubbling melted dirt that flowed under my feet.