Chapter 20. King of gods

"He was big and mighty,
Threw Lightning at those
who didn't obey,
But still he is known to never
take care of her heart"

             "He was big and mighty,             Threw Lightning at those                     who didn't obey,         But still he is known to never               take care of her heart"

Inez
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ambrose got me on my feet again after his father made a visit. It had only been forty eight hours but time stood still laying in bed with him only thinking about a curse that I've been given.

But still, he got me on other thoughts yesterday and today felt like nothing had happened.

After work I went straight to the penthouse again and was welcomed by Cora's loving hugs. By now she knew what happened and was not shy to show her condolences.

"How was work?" She asked with a pity full smile.

"It was good" I answered and walked past her to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass of wine when Ambrose and Cora joined me with a glass each.

"Are you still thinking about it?" She asked.

"No Cora, I wasn't" I answered.

"It's okay to be sad about it though! And I'm always here for you if you feel like ice cream and a movie!"

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind"

"But for real, how do you feel about it?"

"Cora! That's enough!" Ambrose roared. I gave him a stern look before speaking again.

"I really appreciate your support Cora but honestly I would rather not talk about" I continued. She looked at Ambrose and then me like a shy sheep before nodding and headed out of the kitchen.

I took a deep breath and then a sip of the wine. I loved Cora but geez could she be to much sometimes. Ambrose walked around the kitchen island to my side and took me in a one arm hug to his side. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes for a bit.

"You know, I've been thinking about something" he said.

"What?" I asked.

"What if you and Cora switch? As if you live here with me and she could take over your lease?" He said and made me look up at him.

Me and Ambrose living together? It's still early in to our relationship but it's not like we're your average couple. What the hell!

"Okay, I'll talk to Cora about it" I said with a smile on my face. He smiled proudly and kissed my cheek when I was about to go to Cora.

"One more thing" he said which made me stop in my tracks and look at him.

"Yeah?"

"Im going out of town for a couple off days"

"What? When?"

"Tomorrow" he said. I didn't want him to leave my side. Not for days!

"Why?"