Chapter 32. Answers

"Destiny will twist your mind"

Inez~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Arlo convinced Deimos to watch Marcos as we took a "walk"

Inez
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arlo convinced Deimos to watch Marcos as we took a "walk". Instead we got in to the car and began to drive.

"Is it that far?" I asked. Arlo didn't respond instead he nodded. I waited patiently to know where we were going and managed to fall asleep.

After 4 hours he nudged my arm.

"Inez, we're here" he said. I opened my eyes to see the sign.

"You're now entering Washington" it said.

"Washington?" I asked.

"Yeah"

"I thought there were multiple portals maybe one in NY?"

"There's one in NY but celestial being is guarding it"

"Oh" I said and kept quite the rest of the ride.
Arlo drove through Washington's street and parked by a park.

We got out and walked a bit in to the park before I saw the huge stone arch. I felt it in every fiber in my body this was the right place.

"You ready?" He asked. I took a deep breath before nodding. He went up the the arch's side were there was some Greek writing. He pressed down on two of them as they made a sound you could tell nobody have used it in years. Nothing changed though.

"Come on!" Arlo said and stretched out his hand. I looked down at it before walking infront of him through the arch. I felt the energy around me as I closed my eyes and took the steps.

The smell was different, the breeze changed and the sun felt hotter against my skin. I opened my eyes to see a beautiful field next to a castle. The birds flew over it and the sun was at its last hours.

"Wow" I said as I took it all in.

"I know" he smirked.

"What the fuck are you two doing!?" A voice said from behind. We both jumped and turned around to see an angry man holding a baby in his arms.

"Deimos?" I asked.

"I asked! What the hell are you doing here" he said sternly. I looked to Arlo who was awkwardly scratching his neck.

"I need to speak with the fates!" I said sternly back.

"And after that? What the fuck is your plan? What about Marcos? Was I going to watch him for the rest of his life?" He yelled out and I felt the frustration run through me for every word he spoke.

"Deimos shut the fuck up! This is something I have to do!" I yelled back. He sighed.

"Fine. Speak with the fates but then we're going home!" He said.

"Thank you" I smiled in relief. We started to walk through the field to the castle.

"So.. where do I find the fates?" I asked. Deimos raised his shoulders.