Chapter 5

The trip was quiet. Dean kept tapping his fingers on the steering while, while Sam wasn't sure if he wanted to say anything. It was one of those times where Dean didn't know what to say, even though there were plenty of things to say, at the same time. As Sam looked over at Dean, he knew exactly what his little brother was going to say.

"I don't talk about it, Sammy. I just don't."

Sam eventually looked out the window. While he knew Dean would say something, Sam knew it was coming. A couple of minutes passed, and he was right.

"A brother? Sam, I'm tired of the family secrets. I really am. Remember how we found out about Adam? Yeah, it really wasn't him, but —"

"I know, Dean."

"And the fact he's letting her help? As much as I hate to say this, but I actually want to know more about him. Especially, I want to know why dad never told us. Even though I wouldn't be sure if James would lie, but — I want to know. While I know what you might say, Sam. Obviously, there was a reason. Besides. Bobby didn't seem thrilled about dad, either. Then yet, Bobby never liked dad from what he did."

Part of Sam was surprised that his older brother was willing to listen to James. However, he was afraid Dean would blow his top again. While it didn't take long for them to head over to the office, they had to get themselves situated before heading in. But he knew Dean was correct about one thing. While they never wanted to question James' parenting, but both of them wanted their cousin to have a normal life. Something they never got to have growing up.

As they pulled into the parking lot, the both of them got ready by putting on their business suits. Even though Dean sort of wondered if this wasn't their case, but he took the word of Bobby and James.

                                                 ☆ ____☽✮☾____☆

Back at Bobby's, Alex was almost finished studying for her last exam. While she knew she was going to pass, but her dad wanted the studying done. However, Alex was too distracted. It was a rough day for them. Yeah, it was only been three years now, but it's still difficult. However, that wasn't the thing that was distracting Alex. For once, she had a premonition. The only problem is she had no clue what it meant and the fact it always gave her a headache.

Noticing that her dad and Bobby were watching her as she had her palm on her forehead, they felt some relief. Before they could ask, Alex assured it didn't seem to be about what happened. While that was disappointing, her father was still relieved. Before going back to her studies, Alex remembered something from what her mom had suggested.

"The best way to keep track of the premonitions you have, you could always sketch them out," she would say. "And you can always go back through them and try to put the pieces together."

Hoping her dad had packed one of her sketchbooks, Alex felt some relief as well. He always knew that this helped her out a lot, thanks to her mom over the years. Although the vision was blurry, some of it was clear enough for a sketch. From what Alex could see was the sky. However, there surrounding it in a circle looked like columns. That was it. It was too quick for anything else.

Since it didn't take long to sketch it out, Alex had gone back to her studies. But wasn't surprise that her father always checked out her sketches every once in a while, since he usually has an idea. But not surprised that he knew some ideas with this one.

"Looks like some ruins," he said. "I'm taking it that's all you saw?"

"Unfortunately."

"It's better than nothing, but — Remember what your mom always said, hon."

"I know, dad."

As he put the sketchbook back down, he left his daughter alone and continued to talk with Bobby. James wasn't all that surprised about Dean, since he would've given the same reaction if the roles were reversed. Hell. Even he wanted to know what the hell his own brother was up to, besides the hunting. With time flying, Alex finished studying as she put her books away. She had changed into something comfortable for the night and got herself comfortable on the couch with her headphones back on. Part of her wanted to go back to the journals, but it was late and she the finals was first thing in the morning. Without any warning, Alex fell asleep on the couch as James had put a blanket over her for the night.

"You still worry about her working at the bookstore?" Bobby asked .

"Yeah, but uh........ It feels like I'm doing something wrong, Bobby. I mean, having her be part of the hunting business."

"While I hate to say it, but she can help in a way. Elizabeth helped a lot."

"About that, Bobby."

"I know Elizabeth was a witch, James. Not that difficult to figure out," Bobby assured. "I even knew there was a high chance Alex is one as well. Even though she is, you're family and I trusted Elizabeth a lot, even if I said nothing. But we won't tell the boys that, though. At least not yet. You won't have a problem with Sam, and with —"

"Dean, right?"

"Yeah. There's a good chance on that one. I know you kept the hunting part hidden from her and don't blame you for that. Just hope you explained there are times we can co-exist?"

"I did, Bobby. On the way here, actually."

"She just needs to remember that not all hunters will be friendly."

"I know, Bobby."

Unable to say anything, the both of them waited patiently for Sam and Dean to arrive back from the office. All James could think about was how sick he felt about all the concern about other hunters going to hunt her down whenever he wasn't around. Plus, he even worried more if something happened him and who look after her.

Bobby could see the worrisome on his face. Yet, he assured James he would look after her if anything had happened. While James never enjoyed putting the burden on anyone, but Bobby was family.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Especially after what happened to her mom."

Saying nothing, all James could do was give him a faint smile. He was glad that there would be someone looking out for her, but still worried. Like any parent would be. Not a minute later, Bobby's cellphone was ringing. It was Dean. Part of James worried Dean was going to go off again, but that wasn't the case. While Bobby was still on the phone, James waited patiently.