Chapter 17

Alex wanted to do something to keep herself busy and continue to help, but she saw the fear in her father's eyes about the Phonoi. However, she really did need something to do. Her sketchbook was downstairs and there wasn't much to do. As she sat on her bed, something was bothering her. Something was trying to get her attention. Trying to shake off the feeling, Alex had the sudden urge to conjure up a spell.

It wasn't anything bad, but something told her to protect herself. Along the way, she was having more premonitions. They were clear as day, but they were going too fast for her to pay attention to what was happening. Unfortunately, the only ones that stuck out were three bodies covered in blood. Tears were flowing down her cheeks as she realized who they were. Sam, Dean, and her father. As she wiped the tears away, Alex finished the conjured spell and had to do what was best for everyone. "I'm sorry, dad. Please forgive me for what I'm about to do."

Even though she was told to stay in her room, Alex couldn't. However, she kept the premonition and the spell to herself so they didn't have to know. There were some things that needed to be kept secret. With everything that was going on, she didn't want to be alone. Without hesitation, Alex left her room and went downstairs to be with them. She wasn't feeling safe at the moment.

                                             ☆ ____☽✮☾____☆

James struggled to figure out where these ruins were, other than they looked familiar. What made it difficult was the vision was mostly looking upward as if someone was laying down. With Ashley helping and going through the book, Bobby turned around to see Alex.

"I didn't want to be up there, dad."

"I apologize about that, kiddo. I just realized that was a mistake for me to do. I just–"

"I know, dad."

"But, um. Ashley? Does your mom still have an opening at her tattoo parlor so Alex can get the witches knot, I've forgotten for the past three years?"

"She can bring it here. Mom has a traveling kit."

"Witches knot?" Dean asked.

"Protection and Power, mostly," Tim answered. "It's made up of two symbols: a circle and the knot itself representing East, West, North, and South to 'tie up' and entangle negative energies and malevolent forces. Basically, it acts as a counter from them, which provides a shield against both physical and emotional realms, safeguarding the bearer from harm and negativity. Most witches and warlocks have them, but many others don't. However, the females from my mother's side had them, considering they needed the protection more."

"It also often comprises five points, each representing one of the five elements: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit," James added. "It also symbolizes the interconnectedness of all things in the universe, highlighting the fundamental belief in witchcraft that all actions have consequences, and that, energy, once sent out, will eventually return." With the four of them staring at him, he added, "Elizabeth helped me out a lot when we were going out. Then yet, that's all we end up doing every night for two years."

As James glanced over to Alex, he noticed something was bothering her, but wasn't sure if he wanted to intrude. Fortunately, he knew that something was bothering her since he knew the signs. However, he was afraid to say anything.

"Mom will arrive later on with the stuff, if that's alright? It's busy at the moment."

"That's fine, Ash."