Chapter 20

Days passed when Alex's injuries healed, even though the exhaustion was still there. Tim left, while James explained to her Sam and Dean were going to stay at Bobby's for the next several months. Even though they were going to be there for a while, those two were still going to work on some cases along the way. As Alex thought it was a good plan, she wondered if her father was still going to take her on a hunting trip for her graduation gift after the trick she played for the phonoi.

"You alright, Alex?" he wondered. "You've been quiet ever since you woke up."

"I'm alright, dad. I really should've told you-"

"Alex. It's fine. It was worth it, even though we almost lost you, as well. Speaking of. Your uncle was wondering how you knew about the Resurrection Spell, though. You have any ideas how you knew?"

"Unfortunately, dad. I don't. Part of me just knew that I needed to protect myself and I randomly did it."

James could tell she was telling the truth. Unfortunately, this worried him, as well. There's so much going to be happening, but more questions seem to pop up out of nowhere. To keep his mind off of things, he suggested that both of them would do something together.

"Ashley and her mom will be here in a little while so you can get that witch's tattoo, finally."

"Sounds like a plan. I have a question, though."

"Ask away."

"What happens to hunters if they're killed? I really want to know where mom is."

James had a feeling she was going to ask this question. The problem was, is how he was going to answer it. Minutes passed when he finally gave her the answer. He noticed she wasn't all surprised, but he also admitted he wasn't sure because of her being a witch, as well. "Maybe whenever we get a hold of Castiel and see what he thinks, since he works up there in Heaven," James promised. "We still haven't been able to get a hold of him, even though it's understandable."

In the meantime, Alex noticed piles of journals and books in the living room. Most of them were piled on the coffee table and covered the couch, too. "There's no need to rush through all of them, kiddo. In the meantime, I need to finish the translations on the blade that I need to keep protected. Plus, I want to know why Paul wants it so bad, despite me knowing the history of it."

"Going back into your study?"

"Nope. I'm doing it out here, since I might need most of these books. Plus, you know I can multitask and to keep my kid company."

"Kid? I'm sixteen."

"Yeah, well. You're still my kid. Kid. Also, before I forget. Those books your mom had kept in the witch's store, they're all in my study. Hopefully, in a couple of days, we can start boxing everything up so we can renovate the bookstore. You can help still, but you still need to take breaks, that's fine."

"I'll take care of the inventory of the witch's store, since that's mostly light stuff. I still don't want to overdo it after all of this."

"That's fine. If you're up for it, you want to visit mom tomorrow?"

"Sounds like a plan, dad."

"We can make a day out of it. Just hope you don't mind if Sam, Dean, and Bobby tag along. Those two wants to get to know your mom."

"I don't have an issue. How long are they going to stay until the next case?"

"Probably whenever. Maybe I'll ask them tomorrow if they want to help box up all the books while you work on boxing the other inventory. Give them something to do instead of driving Bobby insane."