CHAPTER 9

I am so happy. 

I've never felt this happy.

I lived through so many negative emotions, such as sadness, anger, stress and so many other things. I thought my life would be a disappointment with no happiness and excitement. In just a few weeks, even days, my life changed completely. My heart softened. My mind calmed down, my bones relaxed. I feel no pain.

All I know is trauma.

No pain. Not anymore.

I hold my first and hopefully last boyfriend's hand as we lay on the grass, watching the beautifully shining stars and the moon. His skin is so soft and warm, even if my hands are hold, he will warm them up without hesitation. I started believing in love again.

A person can change so many things. 

Maybe I can't hear, but that doesn't mean I can't feel. 

I lived my life believing no one would love me nor care for me. I lived my life drowning in my own tears inside a room in an orphanage with my only friend, which wasn't even human. It was a cat.

For me, it was never an ordinary orphanage. It was a Cat Orphanage.

I turn my head left and look at the love of my life. My eyes lock with his. Oh, love. How much I love those eyes. Brown and bold yet rich and deep. Stood these eyes, unloved and free. The most beautiful eyes of all, with a color so full and pure. But what many know, when shown in light, these eyes, are a sight with various shades are the browns to crave. Romantic and stunning with the power they hold, is a secret to be told. Don't underestimate brown eyes, For they can bring you down to your knees, with their strenght beneath.

Eyes, they say a lot. Eyes, say the things our mouth can't.

And his eyes? They hold everything my soul thirsts for.

Mother Giselle would always warn me about drugs in the streets, but she never warned me about brown eyes with a heartbeat.

Gosh, I am so in love.

...

I stopped counting the days, I think today is 1st of November.

Wait, let me note.

October 30, I found the love of my life.

Alright, I'm done.

...

I walk in the school corridors. Students are rushing to their classes since the bell rang. I am looking for Aaron. He might be absent, I don't know why.

When I realize I will not find him yet, I go to class.

Second period, Music.

Students sit around, I sit next to Roxanna, away from Faye and Athena.

I've been keeping my relationship with Aaron a secret, since I don't want them to bully me and tease him. 

He is popular, so I keep myself a secret.

I don't know if he told his friends, and I could care less. I trust only one of his friends, Atlas, who is his best friend.

"Have you seen Aaron?" I ask Roxanna.

"Nope, why?" She replies. Her blue eyes are not shining that much today. I wonder why.

"I just missed him."

"Girl, what? He is not even that important!"

"Why do you hate him so much?"

"What? I don't."